Remember the Titans Directors Cut

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Nick^I, Mar 10, 2006.

1. Nick^I

Nick^I Auditioning

Does anyone know anything about this release coming Tuesday on the Disney site it says but the Canadian rating is PG.

2. David_Blackwell

David_Blackwell Screenwriter

Yes, I know about it. it is 120 minutes long. Extras are four deleted scenes, three featurettes: Denzel Becomes Boone, Beating The Odds, and Remember The Titans: An Inspirational Journey Behind The Scenes

3. TonyTone

TonyTone Supporting Actor

Since I already have the original release, I was wondering if the DC version is worth getting? Yes, I know the DC version is about 6 minutes longer...but IIRC both DVD versions have the same featurettes; however, the original DVD lists 6 deleted scenes (vs. 4 on the DC)...and--for you DTS folks--has both DD and DTS soundtracks.

So...is the DC version worth double-dipping, especially since all you're really getting out of it is an extra 6 minutes of footage seamlessly put back into the original cut?

4. Bill Thomann

Bill Thomann Supporting Actor

Worst double dip I've ever made. No new features, a loss of 2 commentaries & DTS. 4 deleted scenes, 2 of which are inserted in the director's cut so they're repetitive. I'd sold off my original when I heard of the DC & preordered this. Wish I could go back in time & cancel those two acts. Disney screwed the pooch with this release. Usually a second release is an improvement. Not this one.

5. TonyTone

TonyTone Supporting Actor

Thanks for your opinion on this--I think I'll return my unopened copy of the DC version...