What's new

Remember Tawny Kitaen? (1 Viewer)

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
Dave, see the change I made above in my original message. She's on "out of the cellar", not "Invasion of your privacy".

John, yeah I don't know how I could make that mistake. I guess that;'s because I also owned "out of the cellar", but bought it after IOYP, and for some reason thought they were the same model, even though they don't look that similar.

John Thomas

Senior HTF Member
Does anyone else find it depressingly refreshing that a professional athlete in a major US sport was man enough not to strike his abusive partner back?
That nails the feeling: 'Depressingly refreshing'. I suppose since he didn't retaliate, he'll be made fun of by all of the ones who do act like little spoiled children. I still can't get over the fact that Latrell Sprewell is still playing basketball. :angry:

Ricky Hustle

Supporting Actor
I still can't get over the fact that Latrell Sprewell is still playing basketball
First of all, you have no idea what P.J. might have said or done to provoke Latrell. Since he has come to the Knicks, he has been a model citizen.

Also, some of his teammates in Golden State spoke up in Latrell's defence after the altercation, saying P.J. said things that were out of line.

Ken_McAlinden

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kenneth McAlinden
Also, some of his teammates in Golden State spoke up in Latrell's defence after the altercation, saying P.J. said things that were out of line.
Well, I guess that justifies a physical assault, then. Spre probably feared for his safety due to P.J.'s life-threatening out of line statements.

Regards,

Ricky Hustle

Supporting Actor
C'mon, it's not like Latrell hurt the guy, just scared the shit out of him and made him believe he might kill him. :)
Without knowing what was said, I cannot judge. I would imagine there are things that people could say to provoke me into near-violence. Latrell just threatened the guy, did not hurt him, big deal.

Michael*K

Screenwriter
Sprewell got off easy because of his status as a pro athlete. If I got into an argument on street with some Joe Schmo and I wrapped my hands around the guy's neck to "scare" him, I'd certainly be charged with assault.

Ken_McAlinden

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kenneth McAlinden
Here's the account from when it happened as reported by Bryan Burwell:

Sprewell has been at odds with P.J. since training camp, but this incident was unprovoked, according to eyewitnesses.

As the team went through a passing and shooting drill, P.J. shouted at Sprewell "put some more mustard on that pass!" Sprewell flipped out, the two then began arguing. P.J. then told Spree to leave practice, he refused, and the next thing anyone knew, Sprewell was choking Carlesimo. The red bruise around P.J.'s neck proves it.

Twenty minutes later, Spree came back to practice, and tried swinging on P.J., but the two were separated before any blows landed. To make matters even worse, Sprewell allegedly threatened to kill Carlesimo.
The stories of teammates' comments supporting Sprewell were mostly derived from the various dismissed lawsuits Spre filed against the league claiming that they shredded evidence including testimonials from Golden State teammates supporting his version of events. All of these suits were rejected, although through arbitration, he did manage to get out of a one year ban from the league early.

I don't necessarily think that he should be banned for life or anything as John suggested, but it is not something that should be scoffed at either.

Regards,

Jon_Are

Senior HTF Member
Does anyone else find it depressingly refreshing that a professional athlete in a major US sport was man enough not to strike his abusive partner back?
Absolutely.

Now, imagine this scenario: Finley resists/defends himself. She winds up with a bruise, or even just a red mark. Who do you think is going to the slammer?

Jon

Jeff Brooks

Second Unit
Real Name
Jeff Brooks
If you're a real man, and a woman strikes you, just walk away, man, walk away. You show your chivalry, keep your dignity, preserve your manhood, stay out of jail, and keep yourself from maybe getting beat-up!

John Spencer

Supporting Actor
If you're a real man, and a woman strikes you, just walk away, man, walk away. You show your chivalry, keep your dignity, preserve your manhood, stay out of jail, and keep yourself from maybe getting beat-up!
Which is exactly why Spree should have just left practice!
:D

Shayne Lebrun

Screenwriter
I wonder how many Americans know that George Washington was a battered husband....

(edit; I'm busily looking for a reference on line.)

Ricky Hustle

Supporting Actor
Well, who am I to defend Spree anyway. I'm just a guy who gives people the benefit of the doubt when I do not know for sure the whole truth.
All I can go on is what I have seen so far as a Knick fan, he's accessible to the media and is a gentleman as far as I can see. I could be wrong, he might be a thug, but hey, it wouldn't be the first time. :)

Ken Wagner

Stunt Coordinator
If I remember right, isn't Tawny's mom Raquel Welch? I'm pretty sure I read that some years back. Mom is still hot at 60 plus years. Didn't Tawny take Loni Andersons place on WKRP in the revival of that show?

Michael Lee

Supporting Actor
Racquel Welch has a daughter named Tahnee (who was in Cocoon )...but Tawny Kitaen is not Racquel's daughter.

Ken_McAlinden

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kenneth McAlinden
Exactly! Except in Finley's case, I would recommend bringing the vehicle to a complete stop and then walking away. :)
Regards,

Evan S

Senior HTF Member
Tawny Kitaen is NOT the girl on the cover of Ratt's "Out of the Cellar" CD, it's Playboy's Miss December 1986 Laurie Carr. The reason I know this is that she used to be married to Ratt's rhythm guitarist Robin Crosby and made numerous appearances in their videos and photo shoots. Also, I think it's mentioned in her photo layout in that Dec. '86 issue.

Users who are viewing this thread