What's new

Remastered HOLIDAY INN...Reviews/Screen Caps? (1 Viewer)

howardWB

Grip
Can someone please review and post screen caps for the new region 1
HOLIDAY INN from Universal (that was taken from the region 2 version
issued a few years back)? I have the Universal two-fer with GOING MY WAY.
Would like to know if it's worthwhile to upgrade to the new HOLIDAY INN DVD?

Also, Starbucks has on sale for a limited time the remastered WHITE CHRISTMAS DVD that comes with a bonus CD soundtrack. All for $19.99!
Would love to see screen caps and a review on this one too!

Thanking in advance!

Regards,
Howard
:)

PattyFraser

Second Unit
I just purchased this two-fer, also. I had to get it from Amazon and not my ususal DDDVD because they didn't have it. Something told me then that a new release of it was probably coming out soon (Going My Way, which is what I bought it for), and today's announcement on the Bits proved I was right. I haven't even had a chance to open my two fer, so I can't speak to the PQ, but if there are extras on the new release that are not on the one I just bought I will be most upset.

KevinSF

Auditioning
Real Name
Kevin
I have bad news and more bad news about the Starbucks special edition “White Christmas” with bonus soundtrack.

The DVD is the 2000 Paramount release in a cardboard sleeve with the original 1954 soundtrack (with out Rosemary Clooney).

What a crying shame that with the combined talents of Turner Classic Movies, Universal Music, Paramount Pictures and Starbucks they couldn’t re-master a sound track that sounds like the movie even 52 years after the movie was released.

Fox did it with “There’s No business Like Show Business” that had exactly the same licensing issues that “White Christmas” does.

Peggy Lee is wonderful but she isn’t Rosie. The rest of the studio tracks sound nothing like what is in the movie. All the duets are sung solo and Bing and Danny vocally ham it up in ways that they couldn’t in the film. Peggy Lee turns all the songs into “Peggy Lee” styled songs which is great but they are not true to the soundtrack.

To top it off the CD is simply stuck inside the cardboard sleeve with out a jewel case or even a paper sleeve. There is an 8 page booklet that contains a TCM Viewers guide to Holiday movies in December on TCM a 2 page biography for the four main cast members, the rest is advertising for Starbucks.

I give this “Special Edition” a special “D”.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks