REM hits DVD-A Different mix then individual discs?

Discussion in 'Music' started by RobBenton, May 20, 2004.

1. RobBenton

RobBenton Stunt Coordinator

I have the greatest hits disc which seems to have a very mild surround sound mix but i remember hearing one of the individual releases of the specific albums and thinking it had a more active surround sound mix. Does anyone know if the songs on the greatest hits disc are mixed differently then on the individual releases? Thanks!

2. Larry Geller

Larry Geller Supporting Actor

You consider this mix MILD???!!!??? By Scheiner? Sounds pretty wild to me. Are you listening to the hi-rez track or DD?

3. RobBenton

RobBenton Stunt Coordinator

The Hi res track on the REM Greatest hits disc and yes it is very mild.

4. Larry Geller

Larry Geller Supporting Actor

This album is mild only if you compare it with Yoshimi. Against anything else, this is a VERY agressive mix. You want mild, listen to the Paul Simon DVD-A, but a mix that has helicopters swirling behind me is HARDLY mild.

5. MikeH1

MikeH1 Screenwriter

Without starting a new thread I'll post my thoughts here.

I picked up this disc a couple weeks ago and have been listenening to it on and off again, in stereo and in surround. I think the mixes are ok, not the best I have heard although some songs (like Orange Crush) are excellent and others (like Losing My religion) sound rather flat. My biggest complaint though is with what they selected for the greatest hits. Mind you, I lost track of REM after 1994's Monster but only one song from Out Of Time? Where's the Country Feedback? One would think there would be 3 or 4 tunes seince this is the disc that took them to the next level. And whats with Stand? The song yes is a greatest hit (not sure what it charted to) but its their worst song! I can't stand it! And here it is on the DVD A. Too much from Automatic For The People in my opinion. Lots of new material though I have never heard, that is kind of nice but some songs just bore me. I do really like the Great Beyond though, everytime I hear it just gets better.

They better release Out Of Time soon [​IMG]