What's new

Reliable Denon repair facility? (1 Viewer)

Can anyone recommend a reliable (ie, competent) repair facility for Denon receivers?

I've got a 4802 that makes a scratching-type noise in the background of any sound output. It only does this for digital inputs. If I switch to analog inputs, it goes away (so it's something wrong with whatever is decoding the digital signals (coax or optical)). It's not my speakers or cables (a different receiver doesn't exhibit this problem). And it's not one of those "listen closely and you'll hear it faintly". You'd have to be deaf to not hear it. It almost sounds like the speaker is blown.

I sent it to a local 'authorized' repair facility. They kept it for 4 weeks and returned it with a "No problem found". I then emailed one of Denon's 'SuperService Centers' to see if they had some sort of audio signal generator & analyzer to diagnose this. The guy replied 'no, we use a CD player and a known disc to track down the faulty part'. Doesn't exactly leave me with a warm fuzzy feeling about getting it fixed.

If anyone has someone they'd recommend, I would be most grateful!

Thanks,
Sal

Chuck Kent

Supporting Actor
Sal: I don't have any recommendations on servicing, and I'm sure you've already tried it, but I do have a dumb question. Did you try resetting the processor?

Yeah, I tried that already. I hooked up different speakers (using different cables) with a different DVD Player and optical cable. Still hear the noise.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks