What's new

Releases For 2nd Half 0f 2013, Take A Guess (1 Viewer)

Darby67

Screenwriter
Real Name
Sean
I would love to see Universal release Amazing Stories: The Complete Second Season on DVD to finally complete that series.

Darby

jcroy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jr
mrz7 said:
No one has mentioned possible Blu-Ray releases for classic t.v shows yet. "Dick Van Dyke Show" and "Friends" were last year. I'm thinking a Blu-Ray release for one or two of these shows is possible for the end of this year (around Christmas time): "Seinfeld", "I Love Lucy", "The Honeymooners" (The classic 39 only), "Everybody Loves Raymond", "Sopranos" (a complete series set) and maybe "Will And Grace". I'm betting more on "I Love Lucy" and "Seinfeld" (cause of popularity), but I could see any one of the others too. I know "Dick Van Dyke Show" was an unlikely surprise last year!
At this point, I more or less accept that "properly done" bluray for older tv shows, is a stillborn or almost dead market. ("Properly done" in the sense that they went back to the original film footage and rescanned + edited the episodes in HD or higher resolution. Not a lazy upscaling of the dvd version to 1080p hd resolution).

Other than the huge cult shows with a large enough buying audience like the Star Trek franchise, I don't see the movie companies really stepping up to the plate for classic tv on bluray.

Peter M Fitzgerald

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Fitzgerald
Universal: ALFRED HITCHCOCK PRESENTS: SEASON 6

TGG Direct: HIGHWAY PATROL (the rest of it), KLONDIKE/ACAPULCO (both licensed from MGM)

WB Archives: NIGHT COURT: SEASON 9, more FBI, more ALICE, maybe another season of DR. KILDARE

Shout: DARKROOM (maybe through Scream Factory?), CLIFFHANGERS! (both licensed from Universal)

Timeless: DECOY (licensed from Camelot), THE TRAVELS OF JAMIE MCPHEETERS (licensed from MGM), SHOTGUN SLADE (licensed from Universal)

Fox: THE BOB NEWHART SHOW: SEASON 5 (yeah, right!), TERRIERS (fat chance!)

Time-Life: I have no idea... maybe THE WONDER YEARS or BATMAN (though, if the mess with this actually got ironed-out, I'd think they'd shoot for a straight retail release)... or, from Universal, perhaps THE ALFRED HITCHCOCK HOUR... or, in the variety vein that they often specialize in, maybe something as an 'Ultimate Best Of' collection with THE ED SULLIVAN SHOW, HULLABALOO or SHINDIG.

VEI: another question mark. It probably won't happen, but I could see them licensing some select color one-season wonders from CBS/Paramount, that the company would never bother with themselves... off-the-shelf transfers that were originally done for 1990s cable play (like THE INVADERS) of culty things like THE IMMORTAL, LONGSTREET and/or CORONET BLUE. Or maybe they could get ONE STEP BEYOND: Official Edition, Seasons 2 & 3.

Ron1973

Beverly Hillbilles nut extraordinaire
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron Reagan (not that one!)
I'll go out on a limb and say "My Mother The Car" or "The New Adam-12." Both are Universal properties I believe and already stream on Hulu.

EdG

Stunt Coordinator
Another good bet for later this year would be Cheyenne Season 6 from Warner Archive.

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
We could see this show completed from WA this year with season 6 and 7. I'm not worried about WA at all. They will continue releasing the shows they have and add new ones. With the shows that need less work and sell the best getting the fastest releases.
EdG said:
Another good bet for later this year would be Cheyenne Season 6 from Warner Archive.

Brian Himes

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brian
A few Hanna Barbera shows that I think (or at least hope) will see a release before the end of the year are, Clue Club, These Are The Days, Grape Ape, Mumbly and Captain Caveman. I'd love to throw Devlin and The Harlem Globetrotters in there, but I think those are doubtful.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vasyear
Recent bookmarks