Releasedates for dvds of TTT & ROTK incl Ext Ed

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by oscar_merkx, Jan 17, 2003.

1. oscar_merkx

oscar_merkx Lead Actor

2. Haden

Haden Supporting Actor

Hmm... that's not really news. I think it was kind of assumed the release dates of the regular and EE versions of both films would parallel FOTR and FOTR:EE's releases in August and November.

3. TomWoodward

TomWoodward Second Unit

I seriously doubt it's right either because the official date for the Theatrical Cut in the UK is June 30th and I would expect the region 1 release at around the same time.

4. Jeff Kohn

Jeff Kohn Supporting Actor

There's already been rumours of a June R1 release for the theatrical cut, so I wouldn't put too much faith in any of these rumours, I'm sure there will be an official announcement before too long.

5. Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan Sean Bryan

Sean
    If this is true it stinks!

Don't get me wrong, I'm glad to get the EE of TTT prior to ROTK. However, The wait to August last year completely sucked eggs. Harry Potter was in theaters for Thanksgiving and on DVD in MAY. FOTR was out one month later but we didn't get it until August (should have been out in June)!

And this says LATE August! That would blow. Hopefully the June rumors are true and this is bogus.