What's new

Rekindle the Rivalries (Fantasy Football '05) (1 Viewer)

Michael Warner

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Mike
Most certainly. After squeaking into the playoffs last year I'm ready to go again this season.

Brad Porter

Screenwriter
A little early for this thread, isn't it? :)

My detective work from last year's thread gives the following list of participants for HTF League II:

Brad Porter
Justin Lane
John Dhein
Tim Markley
Ross Williams
David Lawson
BryanZ
Doug R
Jon_Are
Bryan X
Marc Bax
Frank Grimes

Frank is the only guy I'm officially banning from rejoining the league since he quit on his team during the first week of the season last year. Somebody else stopped updating their team mid-season, but I've forgotten who that was. I suspect that whoever it was will probably not want to join up again this year.

I've just confirmed that all of the rest of the participants are still active members of the forum, so I'll reserve a spot for each of them until I hear otherwise in this thread or via PM.

I'd also like to reserve the open spot for Robert_Gaither, since he just missed joining in the fun last year due to strange Yahoo login issues.

I must reclaim my rightful title as League II champion... from whatever lucky bastard won it last year.

Brad

Justin Lane

Senior HTF Member
Put me down again....

Won the regular season but lost in the playoffs. This league is always a good time.

J

Dheiner

Gazoo
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Dhein
Count me in.

So, any guesses on where Ricky Williams will be drafted?

I think 3rd round is about right.

Brad Porter

Screenwriter

He's automatically missing four games on a drug suspension no matter what, and he's probably going to be in a running back by committee situation with the rookie unless he bulks back up pretty fast. Factoring both of those in plus I can't really say for sure if Miami has actually improved their o-line, I wouldn't draft him with your dick... er, I mean at all. :D

Brad

Seth Paxton

Senior HTF Member
HTF1 Owners that I see so far. And we have a couple that aren't HTFers at this point (John for one).

Brian
Brandon
Paul
Seth (me)

I guess I could start up the Yahoo league just so we could sort of get together and figure out who's in and out. I was the commish last year so I'm fine with continuing that role. It didn't do me much good last year. I had one of my worst finishes in any FFL league I've ever been in.

Brad Porter

Screenwriter
HTF2: Acoustic Boogaloo
League ID: 167442
Password: oar

If you were invited to join above in my previous post, then feel free to sign up.

I put all of the settings the same as last year except for the following:
1. Trades aren't voted on by league members. The commish is the arbiter of trades, which is me. Trust me, this isn't a power play. Last year people didn't check up on trades daily and it would take two full two days of the review period before a trade could possibly go through. The problem with this is that guys who made trades on Friday didn't get to start their new players. That sucked. I'll listen to anyone's protest and go with the majority will, but this setting should allow me to process trades in a more timely manner than the team voting method allows.
2. Because of continued popularity of fantasy football, there were no post 3 PM Mountain time draft slots available within a month of the opening week - so I reluctantly scheduled the 2:45 PM MDT (last available) on Sept. 6. That date is great, but the time slot sucks, so I'm obviously willing to discuss ways that we can do an offline draft.

Brad

Jerry Almeida

Second Unit
Real Name
Jerry Almeida
The Chicago Carnage are signed up for their 4th season of FF in the HTF1 league.

I was last or next to last this past season, but won it all the year before. I've got nowhere to go but up. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks