Reindeer Games: Director's Cut DVD

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Dean Kousoulas, Feb 21, 2003.

1. Dean Kousoulas

Dean Kousoulas Second Unit

I currently own the original DVD and noticed today that there is also a "Director's Cut" out. Has anybody seen both versions of the DVD's, and if so, is there enough different (in the film and special features) to warrant a second purchase?

Dean

2. Dmitry

Dmitry Supporting Actor

Movie-wise, I like the DC a little better. DVD-wise (A/V) the difference is unnoticeable to me. Since I rented the regular and bought the DC, it was worth it to me [​IMG] I don't see myself having both versions -- your mileage may vary.

3. Richard Michael Clark

Richard Michael Clark Second Unit

The director's cut has a totally different commentary with him really ripping into the preview process. Really quite revealing commentary.

There is also a feature to compare the different versions of the scenes altered from the original theatrical version.

4. LennyP

LennyP Supporting Actor

It's much better, sell yours and get the DC! [​IMG]

5. Beau

Beau Supporting Actor

The DC is much better with 20 extra minutes. Special Features are the same (featurette, trailer) although the commentary is different in the DC than the original, though from what I can tell, the DC commentary is a new track, but with some stuff from the old one put in thoughout with the new one. One SMALL complaint I have with the DC, is that you can vaugly see where some of the dleted scenes were put back in. Just a small little thing though, only noticable in some of the parts, doesn't really bother me.

Another thing, notice in the trailer, it shows a scene with Ben Affleck jumping over a big gap and barly catching the other ledge, and Sinise and Affleck's lines: "Games's Over." "Not yet." in the trailer are not in either cut of the film. Would have been interesting to see those.