Reign in Darkness

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Garrett Lundy, Feb 4, 2003.

1. Garrett Lundy

Garrett Lundy Producer

I happened to rent this little "gem" on DVD just last night at the local video store based soly on the package art (Yes, I do that alot).
    My problem with the film is that I can't decide if it's good or bad. The movie has a budget of about $45 america

2. Garrett Lundy

Garrett Lundy Producer

n, but was filmed in Australia. Filmed on a SONY digital hand-held and "borrowing" heavily from The Matrix, Blade, and the videogame Devil may Cry.

The acting was terrible, the special effects were terrible, but the directing and cinematography show some serious promise (Lets see you make a better movie with no money [​IMG])

I was just wondering if anybody had seen this movie yet. Granted its bad, but I'd rather watch it than Ballistic: Ecks vs. Sever any day of the week.

3. Todd_B

Todd_B Second Unit

My g/f rented this 'gem' a few weeks ago (me'sa thinking based on the cover art as well [​IMG] ) and we never got around to watching it.

Maybe this was a blessing in disguise..no?
    [​IMG]

Todd B

4. david stark

david stark Second Unit

I rented this also partly based on the cover art, and foolishly not checking the details on the back too carefuly. I saw it was an aussie film and living in Belgium I assumed it would have the VO (version originale - i.e. the original soundtrack) and a dubbed french version, but no it only had it dubbed in french. Since I'd paid good money (well 2.50 euro - approx a twentieth of the films budget by your reckoning then) I persisted in watching it with my limited french knowledge.

Obviously it is a low budget film and if you watch this sort of thing you have to accept it (just like you have to accept bad special effects if you watch older films). I did feel however it was a good film for the budget. Obviously it borrowed from blade and the matrix, but it was good enough that if I see it in english i'll rent it again to see what I missed, but I don't think I missed too much by not getting all the dialogue.