Regular or Limited 'Bad Taste'?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Rob Lutter, Nov 15, 2001.

1. Rob Lutter

Rob Lutter Producer

I usually always go with the Limited Edition (especially with Anchor Bay titles) but with 'Bad Taste' I am torn. The only extra on the second disc is a 30 minute doc that I would probably only watch once...
    ...what do you guys think? is it worth the extra money for the 'Good Taste Bad Taste' doc?
    ------------------

[​IMG]
    Get Sea Lab 2021 on DVD!
    My DVD Collection/ AIM: roblutter/ email:[email protected]
    "Ba Ba Ba Ba Ba da ba Bebop Cola...yeah" -Sealab 2021

2. Larry Schneider

Larry Schneider Second Unit

The making of the film was, I understand, highly entertaining in itself. I suspect the documentary will be well worth the money.

3. Rob Lutter

Rob Lutter Producer

also... does anybody know how much the price difference will be at Best Buy? I hear that the Stunt Man: LE is only $19.99 over at DVDTALK

4. Julie K

Julie K Screenwriter

Good Taste Made Bad Taste is pretty entertaining. I still think it could have gone on the first disc and am very disappointed that this, and a collection of interviews with The Boys which had apparently already existed on various websites, are the only extras. (Hmmm...do I smell a re-release in the future with more extras? [sarcasm]No, AB would never re-release a limited edition, would they?[/sarcasm])
    Anyway, the presence of the docu on the second disc makes it a must buy for me. You just have to see Peter Jackson's mum talking about how she didn't expect the movie to be so gory.
    ------------------
    My DVDs
    "Some people think I'm over-prepared, paranoid...maybe even a little crazy. But they never met any pre-Cambrian life forms, did they?"

5. Gregory Pauswinski

Gregory Pauswinski Supporting Actor

I found the documentary to be excellent and nowhere near long enough. [​IMG] It does a pretty good job of showing how Peter Jackson got his start in film and how we made Bad Taste. The most impressive part was where he talks about all of his low-budget filmmaking gadgets like the $20 steadycam. I highly recommend getting the Limited Edition version.
    Gregory