What's new

Region question (1 Viewer)

Glenn Yagos

Auditioning
Hi All. I'm not sure if I'm in the right forum but, here goes. I have a question regarding Region coding and PAL format. I live in the USA and I would like to buy some DVD's that are Region 0 and PAL format from the UK. Is there anyway I can play these DVD's in the USA?

Glenn

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
Glenn,

Welcome to the forum. I moved your thread to the Regional DVD Forum, where your question is answered many times already and you will readily find good advice.

Cees

Glenn Yagos

Auditioning
ok. Thanks. I'll do some searching. It seems like I got an answer already from vcdhelp. I have a Philips 724, and I can change the region on it, and from what I understand It can convert PAL to NTSC.

One again Thanks.;)

Tom Vet

Stunt Coordinator
Glen you better have a converter for use with PAL a RC hack is not that simple, when your trying to turn a 50 CPS into a 60 CPS NTSC. Look into this before you buy a stack of DVD discs. PAL or Phase Alternate Line runs on 50 cycles a second, unlike ntsc 60 cycles a second. You may be able to change the region but not the speed with a RC hack, you'll need a converter, mine is built a lot have theirs external.

You have to consider the PAL stretch also, mine with the mediamatics chip ICOS mod and a hardwired progressive scan will do the trick. Ask around even vcdhelp.com Zed will tell you if you ask him, I have given you the basics, now lets see what you come up with.

You came and asked the right people, I have given you solid facts, now follow up on those facts for your own verification. Do what you have to or are capable of if not contact a place that does mod, let them sell you a player already mod.

You can of course by a kit and hope you know how to solder mini circuits like those found on circuit boards. One screw up and it's goodby Irene.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks