What's new

Region free players more difficult to buy? (1 Viewer)

I live in Europe and was just about to buy the Denon 2910 when the salesman told me that it wasn't region-free. (About 70% of my DVDs are Region 1.) He then went on to say that manufacturers are now deliberately avoiding this as an option (my old Denon from 1999 came with a region free remote control hack described in a separate sheet of paper in the box).

Have I missed the boat on this? Is it already another thread elsewhere? Apologies if I'm digging up an old topic, but could anybody out there enlighten me?

Christina-K

Agent
We bought a chipped remote which unlocked our player. Had we realised about different regions PAL/NTSC etc with DVD's, we would have probably bought a region free player but ours is fine now.

Again, thanks for the posts. I've found something that might help on Video Help - although it looks a little technical. Christina: I found dvdcodes. Is your player a Denon 2910?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation562
Recent bookmarks