What's new

Region free fix for Panasonic CV 51? (1 Viewer)

Chris PC

Senior HTF Member
Just wondering if there is a fix to make the Panasonic CV 51 DVD player region free. Actually, it would have to be a fix that allows you to "hard change" the region to another region. Region 0 players ain't looking so hot for the future with the RCE sof some DVD's. I really only want to change the region for one DVD I see available overseas. I can actually play it on my region free PC, but It'd be nice to play it on my stand alone. Or I'll have to wait for it to come out here. The movie is frickin 20 years old anyways! Is it a crime to region modify your player? I just wanna watch movies!

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
It's only a crime in the US to modify your player *sigh*, not that I think it would be enforced, but still
I know of no place that sells mod chips for your player, and even then, places willing to sell the chips are rare. Your best bet is to buy a Malata at http://www.avdeals.com.
Jeff Kleist

Chris PC

Senior HTF Member
Hmm. I see. Well, modifying my DVD player would surely void the warranty here, thats for sure. Are those Malata players any good? Whats the interlaced output like? I only have a regular NTSC 32" TV right now.

Matt_Stevens

Supporting Actor
Chris, do a search in the hardware section of this forum and also avsforum.com's hardware section. Over the last 90 days there have been countless threads on the Malata.
Just so you know, I am a very happy MALATA owner. One of the first. Won't be the last. Won't need any other player.
------------------
www.deceptions.net/superman

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks