What's new

Region-Free DVD-ROM? (1 Viewer)

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
I'm seriously thinking about upgrading again, due to the Athlon price cut. I'm thinking about taking my Athlon 800(Asus K7V board) with a Voodoo 3 3000 card, and adding in that new HDTV board(that will output 1080i and 480P) that's coming out, plus a region free DVD-ROM and have myself a little kick-butt HTPC. What is the easiest drive that's region free, and the best way to set it up for optimal picture? (Not going HDTV for awhile, so this would be analog for the time being)
Jeff Kleist

SteveMc

Stunt Coordinator
I am not sure about newer DVD-ROMS but i think they are all region free hardware wise. It is usually the software that sets the region and you can only change it so many times, but i know there are hacks out there to put a stop to that :)
------------------
Crash
"I don't even own a gun, let alone many guns that would necessitate an entire rack."
Help us get the Friday the 13th films-UNCUT. Click Here or here

Dominik Droscher

Supporting Actor
It is not allowed any longer to build region free DVD-Rom drives. But most of them are quite easy to hack. Just search with www.google.com for those firmware hacks or info about the drives.
------------------
-Dominik Dröscher ICQ: 25318265
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes."

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks