What's new

Region Free DVD-R Unit (1 Viewer)

Jack Cleveland

Second Unit
Hi-

I think I want to purchase a new DVD player that is region free. Novice here, so my question is:

What is the best Region Free DVD player out there, and are any DVD-R's?

I'm hoping to find something out there!

Jack

Ronn.W

Second Unit
Your best bet is probably to go to videohelp.com and search their database for multiregion dvd-r's.

Ernest

Supporting Actor
I don't know if there is such a thing as the best in anything. If you buy a player or recorder and it works real good then for you it is the best.

e.cost sells RJ Tech DVD video players that are region-free and include a 16MB video converter. (16 MB video converter is very good and will provide excellent video quality.) They also incorporate error correction tracking developed by Sony. This feature works real good on rental DVD's and home recordings that may have a bad segment in the recorded DVD-R. I recently purchased the RJ-200BK and it works perfect.

I just purchased "Flash Gordon" in PAL region 2 & 4 and it played flawless. Anamorphic widescreen and Dolby Digital 5.1. I have a few PAL DVD's and the RJ-200BK does a great job of converting the video from PAL to NTSC.

If you want to look further just type in "Region Free DVD Player" in Google and you'll be given a link to several sites selling region free players and recorders. They are very popular. Before buying make sure you know the size of the video converter. The bigger the better with 16 MB as top of the line. I saw a few with an 18 MB converter but they were pricey and probably not worth the extra cost.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks