Region Free and Disney

Discussion in 'Playback Devices' started by Torgny Nilsson, Nov 3, 2003.

1. Torgny Nilsson

Torgny Nilsson Second Unit

I am thinking of buying a region free DVD player to play European DVDs in the US. Some websites guarantee that their region free DVD players will play European Disney and Universal movies, but those players cost about $400. Other sites don't guarantee this, but their players only cost about $150. Does anyone know if it is worth the extra money for one of the region free players with a lifetime guarantee that it will play Disney and Universal DVDs?

2. Robert Franklin

Robert Franklin Stunt Coordinator

I would say so. You may want to get some sort of protection, such as buy it with your credit card. I went to a couple of site that have the same player the difference in cost is minimal. That is the best advise that I could give, since I am looking for a quality player. I have a R1 JVC 90K, the one that I will be purchasing sometime soon is the 900K. Basically the same player in terms of features, but a newer model.
    There are 2 site that have this player: www.hkflix.com and www.sendmemovies.com

3. Torgny Nilsson

Torgny Nilsson Second Unit

Hmmm. The JVC 900K looks interesting. I was looking at this player http://www.codefree.com/dvd_codefreed8500.htm but I don't know what brand it actually is, or how its picture compares to other players. I am quite frustrated by the lack of good quality region free players with an internal converter.