Region 1 Rush video collection on 9/25??

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Richard Harvey, Aug 26, 2001.

1. Richard Harvey

Richard Harvey Stunt Coordinator

From a.m.r. I found the following link at Amazon:
    http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/AS...698637-6150222
    It appears the Rush - Chronicles video collection will be released in Region 1 on 9/25. Does anyone know what videos are in this collection (I assume a VHS version has been out for quite some time). Any idea if this is 5.1 audio?
    Rich

2. Rob Gillespie

Rob Gillespie Producer

Damn, this is good news. Rush on DVD, finally.
    The Chronicles collection has been around for years, on VHS and LaserDisc. Can't remember all the tracks now (and I really don't want to search through the cupboard to find the tape), but I remember the following:
    Time Stand Still
    The Big Money
    Mystic Rythms
    Distant Early Warning
    There were more, but it's been too long to remember.

3. Emery B

Emery B Agent

Here ya go...(this is from the VHS version)
    Closer To The Heart
    The Trees
    Limelight
    Tom Sawyer
    Red Barchetta
    Subdivisions
    Distant Early Warning
    Red Sector A
    The Big Money
    Mystic Rhythms
    Time Stand Still
    Lock And Key
    (Plus one more on the new DVD...from Grace Under Pressure, they say...my guess is The Body Electric)
    I found this on http://www.2112.net/powerwindows/News.htm
    "CHRONICLES DVD TO BE RELEASED SEPTEMBER 25TH: Anthem records has confirmed that a DVD remaster of the Chronicles video collection is set for release September 25th. This will be a Region 1 DVD (playable in standard US players); a Japanese DVD version has been available for some time, although it was unremastered, possibly just a transfer to disk from the VHS original. The DVD collection will also contain one additional track not found on the VHS version (I'd rather not spoil the surprise but I will tell you it is from Grace Under Pressure)."
    "An anonymous source close to the band announced earlier this year that all Rush videos were being remastered and possibly scheduled for release late this year on DVD, including Exit Stage Left, the Grace Under Pressure tour video, and A Show of Hands. At this time, however, Anthem has stated that although they have talked about it, nothing more has actually been done."
    [Edited last by Emery B on August 26, 2001 at 05:52 PM]

4. Jeff Ulmer

Jeff Ulmer Producer

5. Wes

Wes Screenwriter

Wes Peterson
    I beleive most of these are thier music videos, which I might add are quite lame! A show of hands is the only one I would get excited about. Perhaps "Exit" if they completly remaster the poor audio recoding.
    Wes
    [Edited last by Wes on August 26, 2001 at 08:13 PM]

6. Richard Harvey

Richard Harvey Stunt Coordinator

Don't hold your breath on "Different Stages". Geddy posted on his site that after reviewing their source material, then could not get their video and audio sources to "sync" properly. The only way they can make a DVD would be to painfully edit each couple of seconds of the concert to splice the audio and video together, and they simply don't have the money to do this. So, as of right now, Different Stages is a NO-GO for DVD.
    Rich