What's new

Region 1 needs the same Douglas Sirk boxset that Region 2 is getting in January! (1 Viewer)

Thomas T

Senior HTF Member
Hopefully this indicates Universal will give we Yanks a similar set in early 2007! Cross fingers. The downside is that 4 (All that Heaven Allows, Has Anybody Seen My Gal, Imitation Of Life, Written On The Wind) are already available in the U.S.A. But I'd buy the set anyway to get Tarnished Angels, Magnificent Obsession and All I Desire.

Still (are you listening Universal?), I would suggest replacing the previously released titles with unreleased Region 1 Sirk titles like There's Always Tomorrow, Interlude, A Time To Love And A Time To Die and Sign Of The Pagan.

Joe Caps

Senior HTF Member
Universal really is ticking me off with these region 2 only box sets. Lasst week announced a huge Marlene box set from them also. Universal also released only in region 2 a near complete set of deanna durbin films.
Region one only got a few Durbins on unplayabel dvd-18s !!!!
My most wanted Sirk film - Time to love and a Time to Die is not in that box set. I hear that Universal has found the missing four channel stereo sound track for this film. are yo listening Universal ????

Corey

Screenwriter
what's up with this? why are they releasing these sets stateside? c'mon, do you know how bad i want that HUGE dietrich set.

Jefty

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
David Fiore

I agree--it'd be very nice to have access to these...

John Hodson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John

That set wasn't released by Universal, but through an outfit called DDHE.

Good grief; how many sets do you chaps think are R1 exclusives - mountains of 'em. You'll get all the Universal sets at some point; have a heart for the poor suckers in R2 who have to put with Universal putting out quite dreadful discs of the numerous RKO films that theiy have the rights to. And have you never heard of multi-region players (let the PAL speedup whinging begin...)

Come to think of it, what's the point of having a Regional Forum if posts like this aren't in it?

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
No John. Those posts are (primarily) aimed at non-R1 residents who want to duscuss their non-HR releases.
Of course we don't mind at all when R1-residents chime in there.

Cees

John Hodson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
And there I was thinking it was for 'posting comments about all non-Region 1 DVDs--from transfer quality and value-added features to retailers and bargains.'

I stand suitably chastised, corrected...

EDIT - apologies all, didn't mean to hijack and I do - honestly - see the point at last.

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
Sorry, we really need to stop this little hiijacking.

But for your peace of mind just this: those comments about anything (from transfer quality ... to retailers and bargains) of non-R1 discs were thought to be made by local residents primarily, interest them mostly and they got a separate forum for it, lest some of the titles confuse R1 consumers.

This here thread, however, just mentions several non-R1 releases extensively to make a point about possible R1-releases. That's aimed at a different audience.

Cees

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I would also buy another Douglas Sirk boxset released in Region 1. Especially, if the boxset only contained Tarnished Angels, Magnificent Obsession and All I Desire.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks