What's new

Region 1 Bride of Re-animator question (1 Viewer)

Charlie O.

Supporting Actor
Is the Artisan release of Bride of Re-Animator uncut. Also how does it compare the the OOP Pioneer version?

Damin J Toell

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Damin J. Toell
Also how does it compare the the OOP Pioneer version?
Not well. The recent Aristan disc has a 1.33:1 transfer and not a single extra (not even a trailer). The OOP Pioneer disc had the choice of unrated and R-rated versions, as well as 1.33:1 and 1.85:1 viewing modes for each (this was accomplished by black bars created by the subtitle function of the DVD player - not perfect, but it basically does the job). The Pioneer disc also had 2 commentary tracks, deleted scenes, a documentary, still galleries, and liner notes from the director and the star.

DJ

Charlie O.

Supporting Actor
Thanks.

Hmmm I heard from someone that the Aristan disc says its rated R on the cover put the actually disc has the unrated movie, just like Aristan did with Waxworks 1. Can anyone confirm this?

Damin J Toell

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Damin J. Toell
Hmmm I heard from someone that the Aristan disc says its rated R on the cover put the actually disc has the unrated movie, just like Aristan did with Waxworks 1. Can anyone confirm this?
I haven't read a comment from a single person saying that it's the unrated cut. If it is, it's being kept a secret. Perhaps that problem is that no one who owns the Pioneer disc (like myself) would be willing to bother with the Artisan disc for comparison. If anyone out there has the Artisan disc, though, I would be more than happy to compare runtimes and content to make it definite.

DJ

Damin J Toell

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Damin J. Toell
1 hour 36 minutes and 29 sec counting the vestron logo before the movie.
Neither version of the film on the Pioneer disc has a Vestron logo. Both start with the Wildstreet production credit. Including the final Artisan logo and the FBI warning after the credits, the unrated version runs at 1h 36m 29s. The R-rated version runs at 1h 36m 26s. Not much of a difference. Taking the FBI warnings out of the runtimes reduces them by about 8 seconds each.

Given the closeness in runtimes and the differences in logos on the discs, it looks like the only way to determine the cut on the Artisan disc will be to compare the actual content...

DJ

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks