What's new

Region 0 Help? (1 Viewer)

NickRHave

Agent
I have seen dvds with the region number as 0. Will this play in my Toshiba player? Are these legit release? Thanks

Donnie Eldridge

Supporting Actor
Yes, the dvd's will play fine in your player. We would need more info the movies you're talking about to determine if they are legit or not.

cafink

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Carl Fink
A region zero DVD will play in any DVD player.

As for whether it's legit or not, one can't say based just on the disc's region code.

Hendrik

Supporting Actor
"A region zero DVD will play in any DVD player."
...well... ahh... yes and no... an American or Hong Kong "Region 0" DVD (which is encoded NTSC) will indeed play on a R1 player - but a European with a R2 player that has not been 'chipped' will only see a black-and-white image on his display...
"Region 0" has nothing to do with whether a DVD is 'legit' or not - R0 (a.k.a. "All Region", a.k.a. "Region ALL") simply means that the disc has not been coded for any particular Region. Most (American) CRITERION DVDs are "Region 0", so are many (American) IMAGE DVDs, and (probably) all 'adult' DVDs regardless of where they come from...
. . . . . .

Roger Mathus

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Roger Mathus
If a DVD is a new title from a major studio and it says Region 0 it is almost sure to be bootleg. Some websites offer such DVDs and designate as Region 0.

Philip Hamm

Senior HTF Member
Make sure it's the right format. I have an Austrailian region 0 DVD (Midnight Oil) and it is PAL. If your system can't handle PAL then they won't work. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks