What's new

Reggie White Dead (1 Viewer)

JustinCleveland

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Justin Cleveland
Heard this on the way to the grocery store this morning, and I was wondering why WTMJ had people on reminiscing about Reggie... I figured it was just a way to fill the gap since the Packers were off (played Friday) and there wasn't much going on... then I heard them say "the passing of Reggie White." Wow. Growing up in Green Bay, he was like a shining beacon of what it was to be a Packer and it's amazing to hear that he died. 43 and a massive heart attack... usually the first thing I would think would have been Steroids or drug use, but that wasn't his personality. Wild.

Mike DBS

Grip
Real Name
Mike
A sad, sad day for all Football fans (including us Limeys)
a Great Football player & a Great man.
Does the NFL induct players into the hall of fame Posthumously?

Tim Markley

Screenwriter
I couldn't believe it when I heard it this morning. He was way too young. A very sad day indeed. :frowning:

JustinCleveland

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Justin Cleveland
The Packers were just talking about retiring his number before Christmas. Nobody's worn 92 in Green Bay since he retired in 1998. Too bad it'll have to be a postumous honor, along with his selection to the Pro Football hall of fame.

LDfan

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jeffrey
Maybe his death will make more people aware of sleep apnea. Long term complications can result in death just like Reggie.

Sad Sad news.

jeff

Dheiner

Gazoo
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Dhein
I would like to see The Packers get his name up on their ring of honor in time for their home playoff game. While that honor is normally reserved for Hall of Fame members, I see no room for questions about whether he'll make it. It would allow The Packers and the fans at the game a chance to honor Reggie.

Dave Poehlman

Senior HTF Member
The Pack couldn't have won Super Bowl XXXI without him. He was an amazing man on, and off the field.

We'll miss you, 92! :frowning:

Jordan_E

Senior HTF Member
I knew him by name recognition only, but the thing that really got to me was that he was exactly MY AGE! That really drove it home for me. RIP, Reggie.

Josh Simpson

Supporting Actor
Reggie was a class act that will be missed

What hit home for me about this was just last week my mom got a sleeping machine and other treatment for severe sleep apnea.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks