What's new

regarding Se7en and X Men DVD (1 Viewer)

Matt Wooten

Second Unit
hi all. i just got my first home theater system.. and granted i know it isn't the best i have a question that i think maybe at least one of u can help me with. anyways here goes.. i have a sony ht-ddw830 system.. and i am sure i have everything hooked accordingly.. my problem is when i watch certain scenes.. my rear channels.. almost sound like they are blown.. now the scenes that i notice this in is with X Men on chapter 13 as "Cerbro" is being used.. a the camera pans quickly the wind is a distint crackin in the speaker.. now i don't know if this is the way the wind is supposed to be or not.. but i'll give another example.. in Seven.. in DTS on chapter 2 like 2 seconds into the track it does it again. i know this titles are popular and i know alot of u have these on great systems so if anyone can help me please do. i hope i have halfway explained this problem.

Jon D

Stunt Coordinator
How high is your amp set? You could be overdriving the rear speakers in these parts. I know I run across distortion in soundtracks occasionally. Then again, these soundtracks were designed for theaters. Most of the time signal distortion is lost in that environment, whereas the HT is much more discriminating. It may just be a problem with the soundtracks themselves. With medium grade equipment it is very difficult to say where the distortion is coming from. BTW, welcome to the inescapable, all consuming world of HT. It owns you now.....
------------------
Women are often attracted to men with money and power. I have neither, and they know it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks