What's new

Regarding my comment about all cables and DBTs... (1 Viewer)

Saurav

Senior HTF Member
... I was being sarcastic. Sheesh. Sometimes I wonder if people spend more time analysing and arguing about their systems than actually listening to them.
And here's the :) to firmly establish that this post too is tongue-in-cheek.

Mark Austin

Supporting Actor
Saurav how could you say such a thing? I know you were being totally serious. You can try to deny it, but we all know the truth.:angry:
;):D

Saurav

Senior HTF Member
Um... I hope you're joking. It's getting harder to tell when someone is serious or not, so at least on this thread I would request all posters to adhere to a strict smiley face policy:

* If you say something that might offend someone else and you don't mean it, put in a smiley face.
* If you say something that might offend someone else and you do mean it, put in two smiley faces.

Anyway, I think my position on the usefulness of DBTs in determining the pleasure one derives from their stereo (and my opinion about people using their home stereos for anything other than pleasure/entertainment) is well documented, so I won't try to defend myself any further.

John Royster

Screenwriter
On that note there is not much worth in a room full of double blind people tell me if I enjoy my stereo and at what percentage.;) :D :)
Heck Saurav, you're tastes in gear are completely different than mine. But if we pitted the two systems against each other in a DBT nobody could tell the difference, right?;)

Chu Gai

Senior HTF Member
:)
:) :)
I enjoy listening to music. I enjoy magazines such as Stereophile for their information and the entertainment value they provide.
ummm, did I get that right?

Saurav

Senior HTF Member
Heck Saurav, you're tastes in gear are completely different than mine. But if we pitted the two systems against each other in a DBT nobody could tell the difference, right?
Nope, all systems sound the same, since they have cables in them. And what's the connection between a person's tastes and how his/her system sounds anyway? Get real for a second, please.

And even though our systems both sound the same, anyone would be able to tell, even in a DBT, that mine is the better bang-for-the-buck system. It'll be very clear that you spent too much money on your components (if your system costs more than mine), or all your components are crappy (if you spent less).

Mark Austin

Supporting Actor
I performed a DBT on an apple and an orange last night, and guess what? I couldn't discern a difference, which leads me to believe there is some sort conspiracy going on with the citrus/fruit growers of the world. It's evil,... pure evil I tell ya. It's as American as orange pie.

John Royster

Screenwriter
Nope, all systems sound the same, since they have cables in them. And what's the connection between a person's tastes and how his/her system sounds anyway? Get real for a second, please.
And even though our systems both sound the same, anyone would be able to tell, even in a DBT, that mine is the better bang-for-the-buck system. It'll be very clear that you spent too much money on your components (if your system costs more than mine), or all your components are crappy (if you spent less).
ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks Saurav, I needed a really good laugh.;)

Saurav

Senior HTF Member
Where did you find a citrus apple? :)
And anyway, performing a blind test on an apple and an orange is a dangerous experiment, because you run the risk of cutting your finger.

Mark Austin

Supporting Actor
Now you tell me? Thanks bud!
We got a bleeder!
That's the last thing I remember before coming to with 2 stitches in my big toe.

Mark Austin

Supporting Actor
Did I mention that I had brunch today with Nousaine, and he said he wouldn't put much faith in DBT's? I'm suing.

Chu Gai

Senior HTF Member
Sylvia Brown will announce on Larry King that Cardas and Monster Cable will shortly announce with Harley the implementation of DBT's. It is predicted that advertisers will leave en mass.

Philip Hamm

Senior HTF Member
Jaleel, how did you get Saurav's password??? If I was still an Admnin...... :angry:
:D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks