What's new

Regarding HK-520, a few questions. (1 Viewer)

EricSm

Stunt Coordinator
I was just about set to make this purchase, then I discovered via the online manual that the 520 only allows for a variable crossover point for "small" speakers of 80 or 100 hz. My concern is that the polk rm-6600 set I'm using have an internal highpass filter at 150hz(according to the polk forums). I would run the front speakers through the sub, per polks suggestion so I wouldn't lose anything there, but I'm concerned that for the center/rears I'd be losing 50hz. Can anyone confirm or deny this? Would it be a problem?

Am trying to make a purchase in time to get it for Christmas, but keep getting minor setbacks. Appreciate any and all help.

JohnSer

Stunt Coordinator
You are correct on the 520 xover settings. If you are not planning in upgrading your speaker system, the H/K is a bit overkill for your speaker package (assuming its like the RM6700). If you do plan to upgrade speakers in the next year or two, would live with the loss on the surround and center. You probably won't notice it in HT.

JohnS

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vasyear
Recent bookmarks