regarding band of brothers, am i a sissy, because...

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by todd stone, May 19, 2002.

1. todd stone

todd stone Screenwriter

Whenever the old veterans talk before the episode, and they almost cry and hold back tears, it hits me very hard and I get very sad.

I am only 26, but still, I feel for these guys pain

2. Alex Spindler

Alex Spindler Producer

Sissy [​IMG]
    Those are so incredibly effective because it really hammers home that the story you are about to see was lived (by and large accurately) by the people who introduce it. You are constantly reminded that it isn't just a nameless "Soldier #1" or a Private Ryan as a plot device, but a real person.
    That said, I'm also 26 and I get a bit rubbery from some of the intros. Perhaps being born in 1975 has something to do with it? [​IMG]

3. Rex Bachmann

Rex Bachmann Screenwriter

Rex Bachmann
    todd stone wrote:

4. todd stone

todd stone Screenwriter

Glad to know I am not alone on this.

There is just something that hits me. Maybe it has to do with things we take for granted, especially after 9-11 etc

5. Danny R

Danny R Supporting Actor

If this were a FANTASY show and you blubbered up, I'd agree that you were a silly wuss girly man.

But what you have to remember is that this story is true, and the horrors we witness actually happened to someone. Anyone who isn't moved by that is a cold hearted bastard.

6. Dheiner

Dheiner Gazoo
    Supporter

John Dhein
    Well, I don't think it makes you either a sissy or a wussy.

I'm 43, and I do more than tear up a little during those intros. The concentration camps REALLY got me.

7. todd stone

todd stone Screenwriter

I can't wait for tonights episode. I missed the orignial air dates so I eagerly await each Monday now [​IMG]

8. Julian Reville

Julian Reville Screenwriter

Still waiting for BOB on DVD...so in the meantime I have to make do with other programs, like last nights' AMERICAN EXPERIENCE on PBS, "The Battle of the Bulge". I have seen much of the footage before, but the interviews with surviving veterans is especially poignant.

My father was there; I often try to imagine what it really felt like to be an infantryman there; on foot, in that cold and snow, tired beyond anyone's concept of how tired a person can be, still plodding on just to keep from freezing to death.

But I still think it had to have been better than the 'Nam.

9. Leo Hinze

Leo Hinze Stunt Coordinator

If you think the short clips of the guys before each episode is bad, wait till the final episode, which is 2 hours of interviews with the guys. You'll be bawling like a baby.

10. Butch C

Butch C Second Unit

Those bad ass tough motherfuckers bring a lump to my throaght every time...plus think of how bad we treat them in this society...fucking pathetic.

11. Rob Speicher

Rob Speicher Supporting Actor

I don't feel the need to cry during the interviews, but it is kind of chilling. What really struck me was when they found the concentration camps - that was amazing.

12. todd stone

todd stone Screenwriter

is episode 9 the last one?

I am assuming they are horrified by the below. as I never saw the originial air dates

concentration camps?

13. Rob Speicher

Rob Speicher Supporting Actor

Todd: There's a 10th episode, titled "Points". 9 is the one you and I were referring to.

14. Todd Terwilliger

Todd Terwilliger Screenwriter

The show is awesome. I'd be more surprised if the veteran interviews didn't bring up some emotion. One can't say enough about what they did.