1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Regal Releases The Lord of the Rings in RPX

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Wayne_j, Aug 29, 2018.

1. Mike2001

Mike2001 Supporting Actor

Mike
    I enjoyed taking my 3rd grade daughter to these over the last two days. She liked them too. We had to go to the Irvine Spectrum (~1 hour drive from our place) which is not my usual theater. I was disappointed by the amount of light spill from the aisle lights that never dimmed. Didn't bother my daughter though.

2. Todd H

Todd H Go Dawgs!

Todd
    Wow, I thought I was the only one that liked TT:EE the most of the three.

Josh Steinberg likes this.
  3. Message #23 of 23 Sep 4, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 4, 2018
    Bob_S.

Bob_S. Screenwriter

You know, I always look at the LOTR Trilogy as 1 movie, 1 story. I mean, they shot all 3 together. They just couldn't put out a 10 hour movie so they broke it down into 3 parts. I mean does anyone say, I'm in the mood to watch The Two Towers tonight because it's my favorite out of the trilogy? I can do that with The Empire Strikes Back since A New Hope is it's own film but I can't do that with LOTR. If Peter Jackson put out LOTR as one 10 hour movie would you say "hours 4-6 were my favorite"? When someone asks me what is your #1 movie of all time, I say LOTR not The Fellowship of the Ring Extended Edition.