What's new

Reg. Monster Cable To Sub (1 Viewer)

AbelM

Second Unit
Right now, I am upgrading cables for my componets, and was curious, if a regular audio Monster cable would do well as a sub cable? It is just a plain reg. cable, but a nice one of Monster brand...would it do justice? Does it matter if it is a regular audioMonster cable?
Also, is video better? I heard that video cables do better than audio cables as sub cables? True?
Thanx for your time! :D

Sean Conklin

Screenwriter
I would say the Video cable would be better than the Audio cable because it is probably shielded better, but cannot say you will hear any difference. As far as I can tell there is no difference between the Monster Video and Monster sub cable.

However I use Monster 'subwoofer' cable for my sub.

What's the difference in price? and how long is your run?

AbelM

Second Unit
No, see I had a regular monster cable just lying around from when I cleaned out my older cables and I was curious if it would work...I guess so...otherwise I might just pick up a Z-Bass from Monster...

My run, is about 6'-8'.

Brian Bunge

Senior HTF Member
Abel,

There's no point in springing for a Monster "sub" cable if you already have a quality RCA cable lying around that is long enough.

Use what you've got. There's no such thing as a "sub" cable. Any shielded audio interconnect is fine.

Brian

AbelM

Second Unit
Brian:

Thanx man, but see I have a real nice Monster series audio cable, but not a video cable...should I still use the Monster audio one?

Brian Bunge

Senior HTF Member
Abel,

Yes, just use the audio cable. I'm assuming the "video" cable uses a solid center conductor, which is more important for video applications with very long runs. At audio frequencies, especially for a sub, the audio interconnect is fine. If you feel the desire to upgrade later then do so. But I'd only do that with the understanding that I could return the cable if you didn't hear a difference.

Brian

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks