What's new

Refurbished or not? (1 Viewer)

I have been looking at various HTibs and have heard great things about the Onkyo HT-S650 which is normally $500.00. I was looking on the onkyo site and noticed that the refurbished HT-S650 is only $329.00. I am very tempted to get that, along with the extended warranty and save myself the 130 dollars. What would you guys recommend?

Robert_Gaither

Screenwriter
For about the same $500 I'd consider the Sherwood 6108 (right now for $129 at CircuitCity and if I'm correct they might even have free shipping online), the AudioSource SW15 (for about $149.01 with shipping at Ubid occasionally), and the JBL NSP1 (do a forum search as this is pretty popular and hard to beat at the price it goes for usually). The greatest weaknesses of most HTib are usually the speakers or the sub but in most cases both. I haven't heard the Onkyo HTib but I have heard the above products (just not all together in one setup) and recommend them highly in their price categories.

The fronts for this HTib is pretty big, 16 inches..and the sub is huge too. I am not very good with this stuff and I will need to stick with the HTib's. Thanks for the help though.

Thanks Frank, I was under the impression that it would only be a short 30 day policy. I really doubt I will need to buy the extended warranty then and that way I can save an extra 40 dollars. I also heard that at Circuit City, they will setup any speakers that you want if they have them instock.

Danny Tse

Senior HTF Member
Here's a review of the Onkyo HT-S650 on cnet.com. Editor's Choice!! I would go with the refurbished HT-S650 directly from Onkyo and pocket the money.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks