What's new

Refurbished Onkyo @ eCOST.com (1 Viewer)

Allan_Y

Auditioning
I'm interested in Onkyo HTS770 home theater package. I found that eCOST.com carry that package as "Manufacturer Reconditioned" for only US$257.

Anyone have bought refurbished Onkyo item from eCOST.com?

Any comment is appreciated. Thanks!

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
Allan, no posting the same topic in multiple areas of the Forum. But we'll let this thread go because it's in the appropriate area. Or at least now it is, now that I've moved it.

Philip Hamm

Senior HTF Member
Refurbished stuff represents amazing value for the dollar. I've got lots of it. Go for it I say!

Stephen Hopkins

HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Ecost does have some LARGE shipping prices on the stuff that doesn't qualify for their free ground or $10 overnight shipping. I'd check the shipping price before you get too enamored by the deal. Otherwise i've had good luck w/ several refurbished items from ecost.

John S

Senior HTF Member
Stephen nailed it...

I was curious.. Ground to Denver $116.00

Not to bad I suppose, these are several large heavy products here. Even with the $116.00 still a heck of a deal. 10" 220watt sub, real nice AVR, ect..ect..

Mark Danner

Stunt Coordinator
I was looking at some of the Onkyo stuff on ecost as well. My dad is looking for a new receiver. With Onkyo you still get a 1 year warranty (2 year for non-reconditioned). Ecost is listed on Onkyo's site as a dealer so you should be relatively safe. My experiences have been that it seems like most problems with electronics show up in the first 90 days. I am trying to get my dad to go with the TX-SR602 reconditioned.

BrianMe

Stunt Coordinator
I have an Onkyo TX-SR601 reconditioned direct from Onkyo (check with them first). They offered a 5-year warranty on it for like $50, and it was about 1/2 full price. Can't beat that. It has worked wonderfully for about 3 years now.

Ralph B

Supporting Actor
I bought a refurb TX-SR602 receiver from J&R for $285 shipped, much cheaper than Onkyo website refurb at $399 shipped. although my first unit from J&R was defective they replaced it with another one and paid shipping back for the old one. they do have high shipping but it was still cheaper and I will take a chance on saving $100 over a warranty. although my first was defective my experience over the years is if you get a good unit you never need it.

my refurb 494 has been going for years and now powers the pool area.

Joseph Shaw

Stunt Coordinator
I purchased my TX-SR501 refurbished from eCost back in Dec. of 2003. It came sealed with Onyko refurb stickers and the notice that it carried a 1yr warranty. I've used it often since then, and it's served me well.

Joseph

Ralph B

Supporting Actor
I got a good 602 , finally from J&R.

great unit! plenty of power. cant say I am curious about the 702 now. great receiver!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kisanwiki
Recent bookmarks