What's new

Refurbished Marantz 0; Defects 2 (1 Viewer)

Jin E

Second Unit
Received the RMA number today on my Refurbished Marantz DV4200 that kept on locking up. Marantz has a new one on the way for me... should be here by the end of the week.

Also today I received my new Marantz SR6200. Set it up... all the components hooked up and... no subwoofer!?!? Looked and noticed my subwoofer's amp did not power on. I checked all the connections, everything was hooked up just fine... the Amp just was not powering up. I then unpluged the amp and pluged it into the unswitched outlet instead of the switched one. Presto! Amp came on! Looks like the switched outlet on the back of the receiver is permanently switched off. So... looks like I'll have to be sending this one back too. I'm glad Accessories4less is so easy to deal with. I'm not too happy with refurbished Marantz products right now.

Jin E

Second Unit
Hmmm... looking into the receiver... it looks like the fuse just blew on the switched outlet. Now... should I change the fuse myself or have a trained professional do it. HERMP!

JimN

Stunt Coordinator
I would not plug any amp into an outlet, switched or unswitched on the back of a pre/pro or receiver. The current draw is most likely why that fuse blew.

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I believe it states in the manual not to plug high current devices into either of these outlets (I have a 6200 also). It should be very obvious that you would not want to plug another high current device into your receiver anyway... Sounds like you have yourself to thank for that one, not Marantz.

Jin E

Second Unit
Sounds like you have yourself to thank for that one, not Marantz.
Truer words could not have been spoken! The "whim" that made me check the fuse was when I noticed the "1Amp" on the back of the receiver. I had this same setup with my Denon for 1.5 years and never thought anything about it. Oh well!

-Jin

Jin E

Second Unit
WalMart $12 each

1 Can Spray Paint $2

Couple of hit with sandpaper to even them out, add a masticated rubber pad to set them on and Viola!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks