What's new

Refurbished DVD players (1 Viewer)

Kevin C Brown

Senior HTF Member
I have a refurbed Pioneer Elite DV-05.
I have had 2 other Pioneer players before this one. The 414, and then the 333. Those, I liked alot.
I am actually disappointed in the 05. $1000 player (list; I got it for $300), and every now and then it doesn't recoginize a disc and spits it out. Usually trying again and it works. And once in a blue moon, I can *hear* the DVD player. (The motor or something.)
Basically echos the comments of others on www.audioreview.com.
Now, with that being said... :) I usually prefer refurb stuff, because it usually has been back to the factory for initial fixes, upgrades, silent recalls, etc. I think in this case, the DV-05 just isn't a very well designed player.
Bottom line? No reason IMO to avoid a refurb. Usually get a better deal than new. And sometimes has had a problem or two already fixed by the manufacturer that a brand new one will be suceptible to.

DavidAM

Second Unit
Well this was a sealed box refurb of a Panasonic RV30 for $110. Used ones are going for $150 on ebay so I thought it was a good deal and the RV30 is supposed to be a good basic DVD player (this is actually a gift so I'm looking for close to $100). Like the above post said, its been back to the factory so its like new again, but in the back of my mind I think that it broke once so it could just be a dud and break again. I never bought anything refurbished before, but it seems like alot of people have good luck with them, so I thought I might try it. How is the condition of sealed refurbs usually? Do they have scratches sometimes or do they look like new?

Saurav

Senior HTF Member
I bought a used RV30 on eBay a couple of months ago for ~ $85, ~ $100 shipped to my door. If people are paying $150 for a used player, they're insane :)
I've only bought one refurbished product before, a Canon scanner. It didn't work, and I had to send it back to Canon and they shipped me another refurbished unit, which has worked perfectly since then (over a year). I could do this because I bought it from an authorized store, and Canon has an exchange policy. It was pretty easy to get an RMA number from them, no hassle at all.

Kevin C Brown

Senior HTF Member
I have bought a few refurbs over the years, and I can't remember one that ever *didn't* look brand new. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks