What's new

Refurbished DeWalt 621 routers for $150 again at Amazon (1 Viewer)

Clay Autery

Stunt Coordinator
[c]AMAZON SUCKS BIG HUGE ONES!!![/c]
I just received this email:
Greetings from Amazon.com.
We are sorry to report that we will not be able to obtain the following
item from your order:
"Factory-Reconditioned DeWalt DW621R 2 HP Variable-
Speed Electronic Plunge Router"
Though we had expected to be able to send this item to you, we've
since found that it is not available from any of our sources at this
time. We realize this is disappointing news to hear, and we apologize
for any inconvenience we have caused you.
We have cancelled this item from your order.
This is the SECOND time Amazon has done this to people ON THE SAME FRIGGIN' TOOL!
I ordered on March 24th.... 17 totally wasted days. That is the last non-book penny I spend at Amazon... EVER!

JeffTodd

Stunt Coordinator
Shit! I hope that I don't get the same email....no offense there Clay, but you keep that email. But unfortunately I expect the worst and look forward to seeing that email sometime soon.

Clay, had they taken money out of your acct already? I assume they will just credit it back without any problems.

Clay Autery

Stunt Coordinator
I wish you better luck than I had...
Now I have a depth adjuster and a router fence for a router I don't have.... :frowning:

JeffTodd

Stunt Coordinator
If that is not crappy enough, my girlfriend had bought a Craftsman router for my birthday which is still about a week away. I told her about this "deal" and that it was better than the Craftsman. She returned it without a question. Don't they have any real person we can call and complain to? :angry:

Brian Bunge

Senior HTF Member
OK guys. Now go to either HD or Lowe's (whichever one has the higher price). Tell them the price at the other store and they will usually match it plus give another 10% off.

Sound like a plan?

Brian

Lee Weiss

Stunt Coordinator
You should take a look at the Ryobi 1 3/4hp plunge router. I picked one up at Home Depot for $99 since my fixed base router needs repair and I did not want to wait or pay $75 just for them to look at it.

I was going to get the Porter Cable 2hp plunge for $200 but they were out of stock. I figured what they heck because I have 30 days to return it if I don't like it.

I am glad because this thing cuts circle and does everything my other router does. Not sure if the micro-adjustments are as good, but I am not building furniture with it.

And you can have it today!

Clay Autery

Stunt Coordinator
Already went to Harbor Freight and bought the same router for 149.99.... but I kinda got raped since I had to pay shipping, handling, and tax...
Oh well... as Brian said... hassle and wait time have their price as well.... :) I'm done. ;)

Wes Nance

Stunt Coordinator
Lee,

I built my sub enclosure with that Ryobi plunge router, and it worked fine. I returned it, though, because the depth setting marker is a plastic slider, and it had way too much play in it to be accurate. Even flush mounting drivers, the depths would be different by a tiny bit, so after using it for the project, I returned it for a full refund- Ryobi has a no questions 30 day return policy for their stuff, and Home Depot didn't give me the slightest problem, even though the router had obviously been well used.

That's when I decided to buy the DeWalt, and I can say that it's a *much* heavier duty tool than the Ryobi, and the depth setting mechanism is highly superior, as well as the built in dust collection, which I discovered the hard way that I needed when working in my garage with MDF!

I would say the DeWalt is definitely worth twice the price, and totally worth the $139 total I paid for it. I ended up being a $30 difference between the two routers for me, so I'm pretty happy.

Again, I'm really bummed that so many of you (us) have had trouble with Amazon in this area. . .

Wes

James Mudler

Stunt Coordinator
Clay you are going to be sore at me. I tried to post eariler, but very busy today. I got the HF catalog last night and they are running a free shipping promo. Email me if you need the coupon code. I'll try to post the code to tonight.
Sorry Clay
[email protected]

jeff lam

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jeff Lam
I was one of the guys this happened to last time when they had this deal. I just went to toolseeker and looked for it. I ended up going with Woodworker Supply. The unit was brand new (not referb) for under $200 with free shipping on orders over $200 so I picked up a couple clamps also. Paid about $210 total and got 2 nice quality clamps too.

Check it out. Forget Amazon!

JeffTodd

Stunt Coordinator
Hey guys, I checked out the Harbor Freight site, but I did not see the DeWalt router that amazon had. Am I looking in the wrong place or were you talking about something else?

Hank Frankenberg

Senior HTF Member
Guys, you really should buy a router with a dust extraction port - you will be glad you did if you work with MDF; otherwise, it's fine MDF dust on everything in sight!

I realize that limits your options, but that's life. Also, if you're only building a few MDF cabinets, you don't need a high horsepower router.

Clay Autery

Stunt Coordinator
[c]AMAZON NO LONGER SUCKS BIG HUGE ONES!!![/c]
They have in fact redeened themselves and earned me back as a customer. They responded to my complaint email just a moment ago.... A Customer Service Team Leader did the following for me:
1)Apologized
2)Added a NEW DeWalt DW621 to my order at the $149.99 price
3)Upgraded my shipping to FREE 2-Day shipping, and
4)Gave me a $20 off my next purchase coupon.
Now THAT'S customer service...
PS - I just called and cancelled my Harbor Freight order...

James Mudler

Stunt Coordinator
Good form.....Clay I'll still post the free shipping code for HF...just incase :)
OK here is the code for free shipping. Good until July 1,02
Coupon #FS 895-823-537

JeffTodd

Stunt Coordinator
And along Clay's note, I actually had mine but didn't know it! :b I moved into a new apt at the end of March and going by Amazon's estimated shipping dates I went ahead and shipped to me new place. The package actually arrived a day early and the notice must have been removed from my new place before I got there. So I went into the office this evening and one of the guys in there was like, "Oh yea, its been in here since you moved in." I was so happy to have it that I was not even mad at the office guy for forgetting to tell me about my package.

The router itself is extremely impressive looking for a novice like me(read as not knowing a thing about woodworking). The unit is in fine shape and the only thing that I will have to touch up is the white numbers on the depth knob. The white lettering is rubbed off on some of them, which I will just pickup some white out to fill in the spots. All in all I am satisfied with router itself so far. I will hopefully get to actually use it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks