Refurb Pronto at J&R $149.88

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Keith Plucker, Apr 29, 2002.

1. Keith Plucker

Keith Plucker Screenwriter
    Supporter

Keith Plucker
    I saw this posted on another forum and thought it would be of interest here. Comes with full factory warranty as well.
    Here ya go.
    -Keith

2. Bill Balcziak

Bill Balcziak Supporting Actor

For what it's worth, I bought two "refurbished" phones from J&R this summer and they were both junk--scratched up, missing instructions, one broken antenna and one DOA. I suspect both phones were display models--simply boxed up and sold as "refurbished." It's clear nobody actually tested--or even looked at--the phones before reboxing them. If my experience is any indication of their attention to detail on refurbs, they've got some issues to deal with.

3. Keith Plucker

Keith Plucker Screenwriter
    Supporter

Keith Plucker
    I have never dealth with J&R myself. However, there have been many positive mentions in the forum from people that have. In the case of refurb units, don't those usually come from the manufacturer? In the case you cited, wouldn't the manufacturer be more at fault? How did J&R handle the situation? I am interested because I am thinking about buying a receiver from them and would like to know if they stand behind what they sell.

-Keith

4. Bill Balcziak

Bill Balcziak Supporting Actor