Refurb outlets

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Jack Keck, Feb 7, 2002.

1. Jack Keck

Jack Keck Second Unit

What I like about all of these forums is that one can always learn SOMETHING. One of the more recent bits I've picked up on is refurbished equipment. I saw refurbdepot in one forum. Does anybody know if there are any others? And how 'bout opinions on the quality of the goods and services received from anyone who has bought form one of these places?

Might be a good waay to set up a HT on the cheap.

2. Kerry Hackney

Kerry Hackney Stunt Coordinator

I have purchased from the Stereo Trading Outlet @ www.tsto.com They are great people to deal with and stand behind what they sell. Another one to look at is Spider @ www.spidergear.com
    I haven't bought from him yet but they have been around for quite a while.

3. Vince Maskeeper

Vince Maskeeper Producer

Jack,

Back in the day, Ubid.com tended to also have quite a lot of refurb stuff... I don't even know if Ubid is still around.

My experience with Refurb is varied: but usually if you're going to have a problem, it'll happen in the first 30 days... so just be hyper-critical and pay close attention- and be ready to send it back if anything seems even slightly not right.

One piece of advice, if you're looking to build on the cheap, then try lurking in the USED for sale areas here on this forum. Buying from an established member usually means you're getting gear that was babied, and folks are usually very upfront about condition.

What's even better is that we HT nuts upgrade all the time, so older gear is always available- and the prices are usually very realistic.

-V

4. MichaelGomez

MichaelGomez Stunt Coordinator

5. Andy F

Andy F Stunt Coordinator

harman kardon sells some great refurbished stuff. I've had great luck one my purchase from them.
    www.harmankardon.com