What's new

Refurb Denon Avr-3803 (1 Viewer)

MichaelDDD

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Mike
Jeff,

So how the heck is yours shipping already? I ordered on the 12th. :frowning: Did you order over the net? I hear those are shipping early.

Trevin Chow

Stunt Coordinator
I ordered mine on Nov 17, and I'm being told it's 21 business days until it ships as they are on backorder. That's over 4 calendar weeks!!

MichaelDDD

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Mike

htf_images_smilies_smiley_jawdrop.gif
Gee, that really stinks. :frowning: I hope I got in before that set of orders. But ya'know, if you think about it, you're still getting a $1K receiver for $650. That's a SCREAMING good deal. Not a lot of room to bitch. Even though I sure want to. ;)

Mike Pollmann

Stunt Coordinator
For you guys who got yours already:

Did you get a warranty registration card? I didn't see one in my paperwork. Maybe Denon just doesn't use them. (The warranty itself says all you need is a copy of your receipt to get it serviced.) Just curious, though.

Richard_J

Auditioning
I saw this deal on another forum - ordered it online on 11/15. I got an email saying it would be 21 days but UPS delivered it on 11/18. I'm out of town this week so I haven't seen it yet but will know tomorrow if it's actually a 3803.

Jeff smit

Agent
MichaelDDD, I ordered mine over the phone. It still has not moved from the being processed step. hope it starts shipping tommorro.

Chuck Kent

Supporting Actor
I haven't read the entire warranty lately but typically it would need to say it's transferable to be so. Warranties are legal documents and if it doesn't grant certain rights (such as being transferable), the rights can't be claimed...

TanD

Stunt Coordinator
That is correct. When I am adjusting volume, levels, whatever, it shows up on the monitor.
Only if you are not using a component video source.

When a component video source like dvd or hdtv is used no on screen display over component (it keep the component source as clean as possible).

The OSD is actually only output and overplay through composite or S-video and upconver to component video output when no component video source is used.

You can still see OSD through component(like adjusting surround parameter) when component source is used but you will see blank screen with the OSD not the component video source.

Steve F M

Screenwriter
Thats funny because mine is set up the same way and in the same mode and will not work with just the component cable from the receiver to the T.V. I was told by a denon' service tech that it will not work with just component and that you will need either a S-video or Composite run to the T.V along with the component cable to OSD.

You must of got a New Improved 3803.

ArnaudP

Stunt Coordinator
I just received an email from 6ave regarding my order for the 3803.

We apologize for the delay. We are awaiting the second shipment of Denon to fulfill the requests on this item. This shipment is scheduled to arrive next week, which in turn will be shipped out to you immediately upon arrival. And once shipped you will receive an email from UPS with the tracking number

Trevin Chow

Stunt Coordinator
Man, the choices just keeping popping up. I know Mike keeps telling me to stick with the Denon 3803, but I can't help but keep comparing :)

What about the HK DPR 1001 all digital? I know Mike's opinion of all digital receivers, but what about anyone elses?

The 45tx is lookign damn appealing right now.. can be had for $650 with warranty from audiogon.

Michael D. Bunting

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
Anyone order a 3802(3) from 6th Ave in the past couple days?

I have a 3802 and I'm quite happy with it....and by the looks of things I can dump it on ebay for about what I would have to pay to get the newer 3803 from 6th Ave. Well, almost anyway...but I don't mind upgrading to the 3803 for ~$100 or so...

Hope this deal lasts a bit longer....

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks