1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Refurb Denon Avr-3803

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by Steve F M, Nov 5, 2003.

1. Frank**F

Frank**F Extra

I missed the UPS guy on Friday, and it's re-scheduled for delivery today.

2. MichaelDDD

MichaelDDD Supporting Actor

Mike
    Frank**F,

Let us know how it's packed. I'm curious if 6Ave double-boxes or not. Last time I bought a VCR over the net (it was a great deal!) they just slapped the shipping label on the box itself. (Not 6Ave...another dealer)

I thought that was kinda risky.

3. Lanny Hoff

Lanny Hoff Stunt Coordinator

Ordered my 3803 on Friday, November 7. Received it Friday November 14. It was double-boxed and packed with foam peanuts. I would say that the packing job was more than adequate and the unit was in great shape.

4. GarAlb

GarAlb Stunt Coordinator

MichaelDDD

I purchased a Denon 1603 (they sent the 1604)a month or so ago, and it also arrived double boxed, with the peanuts. My 3803 is scheduled to arrive tomorrow [​IMG]!

5. ArnaudP

ArnaudP Stunt Coordinator

I placed my order this morning for the 3803 at $648.06. I was told that it would be 3 business weeks before it ships. I forgot to ask the guy if they were sending refurb or b stock units? Does anyone know?

6. Mike Pollmann

Mike Pollmann Stunt Coordinator

ArnaudP-

They are brand new factory-sealed units.

7. ArnaudP

ArnaudP Stunt Coordinator

Mike :
    Thanks for the answer. At that price, I wonder what will happen once Denon finds out. I don't think they want to see their authorized dealers selling the 3803 $350 less than MSRP.

8. Cy Jervis

Cy Jervis Agent

Ordered on the 7th and received today[​IMG], I have never been so happy to see a UPS man. Spent the rest of the day setting it up and tweaking the settings. I've already converted my mother-in-law, who lives with us, to a Denon fan by popping in her Cher DVD for a couple of songs. When my wife gets home I'll have to try a little harder though.

9. MichaelDDD

Mike
    [​IMG] You played CHER on a fine piece of equipment like the 3803? [​IMG] It's ruined now...you must destroy it!

Hahahah! Just kidding.

Good to hear that they double-box; I was concerned about that. [​IMG]

They said mine would ship in 4-5 business days. Today is the 5th business day. We shall see. The hold on my CC expired...which worried me, but I know they can use the original authorization to charge it. I have an order number; they've gotta honor it. I hope.

10. BruceDN

BruceDN Auditioning

Ordered mine on the 16th, shipped on the 17th - but no confirmation is was a 3803. Here's hoping......[​IMG]

11. Frank**F

Frank**F Extra

It is a 3803.

Double-boxed.

Foam peanuts.

Factory-sealed, new, not refurb or return.

[​IMG]

Me likey.

12. MichaelDDD

Mike

*drools*

Very nice!! Congrats. Let us know how it sounds, brother!

13. GarAlb

GarAlb Stunt Coordinator

MichaelDDD,

Did you order through their website or did you call them directly? It seems that those ordered directly over the web are shipping quicker for whatever reason, maybe a different warehouse? My is coming today. I can't wait [​IMG]!

14. MichaelDDD

Mike

GarAlb, I ordered over the phone b/c I wanted to talk to a live human being to ensure that I was really getting a new 3803 at the 3802 price. I wasn't willing to take the risk of ordering a 3802 over the web and hope they upgraded me w/o any intervention on my part.

What can I say? I'm paranoid. Stop looking at me. [​IMG]

I emailed my salesperson back and forth several times right after I ordered and he assured me it would ship in "4-5 business days." Well, today is day 5. I emailed him already.

Truth be told, he's been great about returning my emails. Let's see what happens.

Be sure to post how it sounds, man! I can't wait to hook mine up. Heck, I've got a set of Axiom M22s that haven't even made it out of the box yet. If anyone's hungry, I sure as heck am! [​IMG]

15. Frank**F

Frank**F Extra

That's funny, I also have brand-new Axiom M22s sitting next to the 3803 waiting to be hooked up! Actually a whole Axiom HT system - M22s, the 100-series center, the Qs-4 surrounds, and the 175-watt sub.

I bought a reel of 14-gauge speaker wire yesterday, so homefully over the course of this week I'll get it all wired up.

I read the manual cover-to-cover last night. I'm deliberately buying my system on piece at a time, to force myself to read the manuals and take my time putting everything together.

This puppy has a gob of bells and whistles. A tweaker's paradise. [​IMG]

16. Mike Pollmann

My 3803 just showed up. Woo! [​IMG]

Mine was double boxed with a million styrofoam peanuts. The receipt (which is in the "packing slip" pouch on the box) says 3803 right on it.

Now, the eternal wait until 5pm when I can go home and hook this up... It's going to be a looooooong day.

17. Scott Phillips

Mike, mine is stuck in Oak Creek, where it will sit all day til they deliver it tomorrow. I hate that.

18. Mike Pollmann

Scott: That's where mine was yesterday. Waiting sucks!

19. Richard C

Richard C Extra

Just pulled the trigger as well. 3 week wait.

That may be a good thing. Wife had agreed to let me buy a new TV (Sony KF42WE610) and DVD player (Denon DVD1600). I'd been debating replacing my old Denon 2500 with a Denon 1804 for about $380 and begging forgiveness. Now I've gone and dropped $650 instead. Gives me three weeks to figure out how to explain this one.

I may be sleeping on this couch in front of the new TV. [​IMG]

20. GarAlb

GarAlb Stunt Coordinator

Just got delivery [​IMG] ! The wife confirms it's the 3803! Double boxed in peanuts! Can't wait to get home from work tonight! Thanks to everyone for helping me get this deal [​IMG]!