What's new

Refurb Denon Avr-3803 (1 Viewer)

Steve F M

Screenwriter
Don't waste your money. I finally dumped my 3803 off for what I paid for it. I was not that impressed at all with it. My Pioneer Elite VSX-45TX I had before it was 10 times better in every aspect!

BobJ

Stunt Coordinator
Denon might not care but all the vendors that carry denon products do and if they had put pressure on denon than denon does something. I am sure that most that saaw this deal went into there local stores and said "hey i saw a 3803 on the internet at 6ave.com they are giving it to me at 698.06 can you match it?" All it takes is a couple of local companys bitching to denon and thats it.
That and there were a lot of people in other forums who were calling Denon to check on 6ave's authorization and this internet deal. 6ave probably received a call from Denon at some point.

Nothing kills a deal faster than people calling to checkup on it. :frowning:

I just called 6th ave right now, and asked if they had anymore of the 3803's for 698.00 The guy on the phone said they do not carry Denon's anymore. So I guess the deal is dead :frowning:

Neil White

Supporting Actor
And you was worried if yours would ship from this latest batch ;)

You beat me - mine's due Monday although it's only across town in the main distribution depot. They won't allow me to get it from there though - tried before.

Have fun John!

N

John_Griff

Stunt Coordinator
I'm a nerd, I have all the wires laid out and have to guide on how to conect that is in the other forum! I'm ready!! WOO HOOO!

Peter_D

Agent
Denon Removed 6ave as an DENON Online E-Tailers from there website so they must of gotten in some trouble. i wonder if they will honor the warenty (cant spell) if 6ave was dropped as a dealer for denon

BobJ

Stunt Coordinator
Denon Removed 6ave as an DENON Online E-Tailers from there website so they must of gotten in some trouble. i wonder if they will honor the warenty (cant spell) if 6ave was dropped as a dealer for denon
Since they were authorized when they sold it to you, you should be OK. They are still an authorized retailer, but sales are allowed only at their physical B&M stores.

If you check in the avsforum, you'll find that 6ave was turned in by a B&M store saleman who complained to Denon several times until he got the deal shut down:

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...e&pagenumber=9

MichaelDDD

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Mike

That's just a damn shame. Turned by a "salesman" that I'd bet sold washers & dryers at Best Buy until he got fired...then he sold used cars at "Speedy 4U" used cars...until he got fired, then sold AOL...via telemarketing until he got fired.

IOW, turned in by a salesman that knows nothing about audio or video...a SALESMAN. Just a shame...

Heh, we'll never find out, but I'd love to know exactly how many 3803's 6Ave sold at that price before the brakes were slammed? :D 500? 1,000? 2,000? :D

Neil White

Supporting Actor
Not the total I know but when I called last week, the guy on the phone said they just had a shipment of 90 in. Not the numbers you guessed but can you imagine a B&M single location getting that many of a single model in in one go. I think not.

N

Marty M

Senior HTF Member
At the AVS Forum there is a guy that is taking credit for calling Denon to blow the whistle on this deal. It appears he might be the same person who helped stop the Yamaha deal 6Ave was also carrying for a while.

Lewis Besze

Senior HTF Member
At the AVS Forum there is a guy that is taking credit for calling Denon to blow the whistle on this deal. It appears he might be the same person who helped stop the Yamaha deal 6Ave was also carrying for a while.
Now isn't that nice,I'm sure he's thinking of himself as a "patriotic consumer". Pathetic is more in line!:thumbsdown:
Edit: looks like he's a B&M dealer,what a shock!

Mark Russ

Second Unit
Just think guys, when this deal first started back in Oct., it was 599.06 shipped! I got mine then. You know what, it really wasn't the huge, dramatic upgrade over the 3802 in terms of absolute sound quality that i expected though. I honestly don't think i could actually hear a difference.

Neil White

Supporting Actor
But it should be a huge jump from the Onkyo I'm replacing. A killer receiver in it's day but it does not have DTS let alone DPLII or multi-channel inputs.

N

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks