What's new

Refurb Denon Avr-3803 (1 Viewer)

JohnMW

Second Unit
Real Name
John
BrandonR, yes...several of us have already received the 3803, and we've posted in this thread. Are you concerned about this being a legit deal?

Mark Nguyen

Stunt Coordinator
yes, got mine 4 days after I ordered it.

Denon 2200 - anyone making a jump on this? I see 12 interested so far and promises of a new thread but haven't seen anything yet.

BrandonR

Stunt Coordinator
Not worry really, just anxious to get the receiver. I ordered it on Monday and they are telling me Denon is going to be shipping them new units on Weds. and that they will be shipping my unit out the following Monday. Has any one else ordered this week and been told this?

Brandon

I ordered Monday 12-8-03 too but wasn't told that mine would ship the following Monday. They told me that they would sell me one at the price of the 3802, which has gone up now btw, and that they were back ordered. I told him I saw they were back ordered for 21 days and his response was that would be only in the worst case.

Wayne Ernst

Senior HTF Member
I wish someone would get them to do $800 on the HK AVR 7200! I'd be all over that. How does the 3803 compare tot he AVR 7200 anyway? Anyone heard both?
Edit: Since the receiver weighs so much, it does not qualify for free shipping. Sorry to have made the wrong claim.

About the best deal on the AVR-7200 at the moment is at Ecost where they are selling it for $899 with free shipping. Plus, there is a $40 mail-in rebate from Ecost for the receiver. Essentially, $859 - delivered to your home. :)

I've never owned the 3803, but did own the 1802 and 1803 receivers. I've played with many 3803 receivers in the stores though. Now, I own the AVR-7200 -- and it truly is wonderful. There's no way a $1,000 Denon can be compared to a $2,000 H/K receiver. The H/K AVR-7200 is built like a tank. I'm not knocking the AVR-3803 - which is also a fine receiver. However, with the price drops on the H/K AVR-7200, it's a steal at less than $900.

Wayne I agree the 7200 is a great deal but give everyone the exact info on the deal. Shipping is not free(Its only free with items less then 45lbs at Ecost which the 7200 is not) usuall around $70-$90 for this receiver. For me it was $90 to Pa!

Ecost is a great site and even for say $989 shipped for a 7200 is still a very good deal!

Ecost usually comes with full manufacture warranties but check under product info!

Wayne Ernst

Senior HTF Member
Stephen,

Thanks for pointing out the "under 45 Lbs. issue" for free shipping. I guess I didn't read the full details - and to see that the AVR-7200 which weighs in a 75 Lbs. when packed for shipping would not qualify for this incentive. Given the fact that Ecost will charge such a shipping rate, I think the better deal might be from Onecall. Onecall is also selling it for $900 and their shipping rate should be in the range of $45.00 or so. Mine was that amount to get from the west coast to where I live in Virginia.

The FedEx guy that made my delivery was so happy when I met him at the bottom of my steps so I could carry the receiver up and into my house. It's a real "weighty" package.

Mark Nguyen

Stunt Coordinator
ok guys, I tried opening one up but no go...I guess you need approval to do a group buy post therefore I like to suggest who ever is interested email me @ [email protected]. I am going to try to get a deal and let you guys know via email.

Mark

luuda

Auditioning
i checked today...guess i am late once again for a good deal. the price is now $698 :frowning:

JohnMW

Second Unit
Real Name
John
A brand new 3803 from and authorized dealer @ $699.99 is still nothing to complain about!!!!

cabreau

Second Unit
PCMall has the 7200 for $859.00 after rebate. Free shipping after rebate too!!! But I was not sure if it was "too good to be true". Has anyone else ordered an AVR-7200 online for under $1000 and had it be "A" stock?
My B&M said there is no way that they could sell it for that prices unless it was "B" stock. He seemed VERY serious.

Well got the email last night. Mine is shipped and scheduled for delivery on 12/24/03, just in time!

Now to get a good deal on the 2200.

Thanks Mark for your effort on this!

Mark Krawiec

Agent
I got my email too yesterday that my 3803 shipped-unfortunately with the holiday shipping to the west coast-UPS says 10 days to CA. Oh well. I think I was one of the last to get in at $648 shipped.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks