What's new

Refurb Denon Avr-3803 (3 Viewers)

Michael D. Bunting

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
Cool Beans John! Guess I should have went for a little more :) But I'm okay with what I got too...

I'll be sure to ask for Wade at that extension, thanks for giving me the info!

MichaelDDD

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Mike
Michael B,

It's great that you sold your 3802 for $600!!!!
htf_images_smilies_smiley_jawdrop.gif

It's amazing what you can do on EBay. :D For another $50, they could've gotten the 3803. hahahahah! Oh well. Score for you. :emoji_thumbsup: I'm happy for you. :)

I've got a complete Kenwood system(receiver, 5 decent speakers) plus a Cerwin-Vega LS-15 sub that I'd love to get rid of...but I don't think I could get enough to justify digging it all out of storage, packing and shipping it. It would be a great "second system" in a den or something. Hmm, maybe I need to check out EBay! :emoji_thumbsup:

Kriszi

Auditioning
So what if I don't get the 3803? What does it have that the 3802 doesn't? Isn't this still a good deal?

Chuck Kent

Supporting Actor
A year ago I went from a 3802 to a 3803. Sound-wise, not a difference I could ever be sure of. But feature and user friendliness-wise, big improvements. Separate subwoofer level adjustments by mode, mode selection memory by input signal type, Ext In sub level adjustment for SACD/DVD-A, treats DPL II Music as a separate mode from DPL Cinema and on and on. I would never go back to a 3802...

Michael D. Bunting

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
Just called 6ave.com (Wade wasn't in or didn't answer his extension) but the rep I talked with said I was getting a 3803 !!! :)

He also said I should tell all my friends about this deal...so, here you go HTF Friends:

If you want the Denon 3803 for $648.06 (UPS Ground Shipping Included)

Call 6ave.com @ 1-877-684-2831

Just tell them you heard from a friend that you could get the Denon 3803 at the 3802 price. They should do the deal without any problem.

I ordered mine on the web, and it's supposed to ship today. You may want to call when you place your order though, just to be sure you are getting a 3803.

Good luck...and Merry Christmas!

MichaelDDD

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Mike
Michael B,

Thanks for spreading the word that the deal is still on. Hopefully, everyone gets in on it. :emoji_thumbsup:

A side note: I cannot believe that Denon doesn't know about this...or if they do, they aren't cracking down. Everyone else is still selling the 3803 for the $999 MSRP. I wonder if they will pricematch 6Ave? Probably not, since the $648 price isn't "official." Their loss. :p)

A side note with a side of side note: ETA on mine:
3 Dec :emoji_thumbsup:

GarAlb

Stunt Coordinator
Now we just need the DVD-2200 for a heavily discounted DVD-1600 price to complete the deals :p) !

MichaelDDD

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Mike
DVD-2200

Oooooh-ahhhhh! I want one. Will have to wait though. Like, a long time, wait. :frowning:

Real. Real. REAL long time. Just spent an entire years' worth of "mad money" on 3803/PB2-plus/Axiom 5-piece set.

My Samsung P421 P.S. DVD will do for now. :)

James Barnett

Auditioning
Woohoo! Just got in on the 6th Avenue deal. I called them and they immediately knew what I was asking for. Heheh, the HTF factor.:emoji_thumbsup:

James W. Johnson

Screenwriter

What will they let the 2200s go for, have you called and asked? Maybe if enough of us bought one they could offer us a smoking deal on them...say $360ish :D

MichaelDDD

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Mike

*scratches chin*

Hmmmmm, OK, who's gonna have the Big Brass Ones and try it? Maybe if we could get 100 people to get one? I'd do it.

ps
BTW, I noticed there are no reviews of the 2200 on Audioreview.com. Anyone have a link to a real review?

James W. Johnson

Screenwriter
BTW, I noticed there are no reviews of the 2200 on Audioreview.com. Anyone have a link to a real review?
Well I would not consider any review at Audioreview to be real. :)

Do a search here in the sources area.

The 2200 is very nice, nicer than the DVD-1600 in picture quality and function IMO also its picture quality is pretty much identical to the DVD-2900. I want one but not at $599.

MichaelDDD

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Mike

Okee-dookee, that's TWO people. We need 98 more and we can approach 6Ave w/the group buy at say, $360? I have big brass ones...I usually get kicked in them, but hey, I'll be the one to ask.

OK, 98 more...who's with James and I? :D

MichaelDDD

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Mike
OK, we've got 5 now. :D

Seriously, I've never done this type of thing before (but I HAVE slept at a Holiday Inn....)

In your opinion (all of you) how many people do you think we'd need to approach 6Ave with this proposition, and have them take us seriously? (what they "lose" in per unit profit, they'd make up in sheer volume; ala their 3803 deal right now!)

Also, in your opinion, "how much" is the 2200 really worth? Many would argue "something is worth as much as someone is willing to pay for it" but you know what I mean.

IOW, is this player worth $160 more than I paid for my Samsung P421 DVD player?

Darren_N

Stunt Coordinator
Hello all,

Thanks to everyone that posted details on this deal. I got my 3803 yesterday and so far, so good. Haven't had a chance to really play with it because I was setting it up late last night and didn't want to wake the family.

I'm in on the 2200 deal, as well (95 to go). Man, my wife would kill me. She's already made it clear that the receiver is my Christmas, Anniversary, and birthday present. If I spent another $360 on a player, I'd definitely be in the dog house. At least it would be a dog house with a 3803 AND a 2200:)

And now for a technical question. I know the 3803 converts composite and S-video to component but does it also convert composite to S-video AND downconvert S-video to composite? On my TV, I have S-video going into Video 1 and composite into Video 2 (no component). When I tested the S-video connections on Video 1(DVD and digital cable), the signal also showed up on the composite feed on Video 2. And when I tested the composite connection on Video 2 (VCR), the signal showed up on the s-video feed, as well. I looked through the manual for an answer but as many have said, Denon doesn't exactly write the best manuals.

Well, thanks in advance for any responses. And thanks again to all for a great deal.

With regards,
Darren

*Edit: Found the answer on page 26 of the manual. All apologies to the technical writers at Denon.

Dave^T

Auditioning
MichaelDDD,

Tell 6thAve that you have 5 guys ready to buy...maybe more and let them to you what it is worth.

Just my $.02

MichaelDDD

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Mike
Dave^T,

Honesty and straightforwardness is always the best policy.

But I'd like to wait until I honestly could call and say "I've got TWENTY orders waiting for you...hook us up!" before I call. (at least that many) Money always speaks loudest. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thinksinc
Recent bookmarks