What's new

Refurb Denon Avr-3803 (2 Viewers)

ArnaudP

Stunt Coordinator
I just got UPS/6th Ave email saying that 3803 shipped on 11/24 and should arrived in OR on Dec 3rd.

Christopher Chung

Stunt Coordinator
Well, I FINALLY got my notification of shipment. I ordered it almost 3 weeks go on the 11th. It should be here on Dec 2.... not in time for the long weekend, but I'll make due :D

Trevin Chow

Stunt Coordinator
I received a shipment notification for the 3803 today -- i orderd on the 17th. They were supposed to cancel this order! I bought a new Pioneer 45tx instead so now I have to deal with return shipping on the 3803. Unless someone else wants it?

Chad_Henry

Stunt Coordinator
Just got confirmation from the wife that the 3803 arrived. Can't wait to hook it up tonight and start testing it out.

Trevin Chow

Stunt Coordinator
Anyone know Denon's customer service phone #? I'm trying to find out if warranty is transferable on these 3803s?

John S

Senior HTF Member
Trevin Chow, man it would be hard for me not to at least audition both units in my environment with all the rest of my equipment and video hooked up, to really see which one I liked better.

Trevin, I agree. You would be able to resell either receiver for what you paid and probably a few dollars more on Ebay or Audiogon.com. Why not sample both and decide which one you like with your speakers.

I almost positive both warranties will transfer to another person. Just say it was a gift.

Trevin Chow

Stunt Coordinator
well I want to be absolutely sure that i can xfer the warranty to someone else before I open the 3803, otherwise I can't return it to 6ave.com easily.

Also,I'm not expecting to get my speakers until well into december which complicates things! I'll be holding onto these 2 receivers for quit awhile before being able to test em.

JohnMW

Second Unit
Real Name
John
Denon Electronics (USA) is headquartered in New Jersey:

Denon Electronics Note: New Address - Effective May 1, 2000
Attn: Customer Service
19 Chapin Road, P.O. Box 867
Pine Brook NJ 07058-9777

Tel. 973-396-0810 Hours of operation: 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST, M-F
Fax. 973-396-7459

MichaelDDD

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Mike
Hi Guys! :)

Just wanted to let you all know that my 3803 shipped yesterday.

ETA: 3 Dec :D:emoji_thumbsup:

FWIW, I ordered on 12 Nov. Not a bad wait at all; based on what 6Ave originally told me and what they were telling you guys, I wasn't expecting it until mid-December.

This is too cool. :emoji_thumbsup:

Ed_Rogers

Auditioning
Thanks for all the info guys on the 6th street deal. I have been looking for a couple of months for a 3803 below $700 w/warranty. I called 6ths street on the 25th and asked to buy the 3802. They said it was unavailable and would it be OK substitute the 3803 for the same price. I hesitated but reluctently said OHH OK. :) They said it would ship today but I went to the site and it said still processing your order. It was $650 or something like that. What a great deal.

I then went to EBAY and bought some Paradigm dipole adp-350's to go with my mini-monitors and SVC sub. Humm -- How am going to break the news to my wife about the $1000 that went into stereo equipment which looks just like the old stuff. I will have to have her listen before I tell the truth.

JohnMW

Second Unit
Real Name
John
I ordered my 3803 from Wade @ 6ave on Monday afternoon. They shipped it yesterday and it's scheduled to arrive on Dec. 4th....wohoo! :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup:

Brian N

Auditioning
I ordered on Nov. 17 and received mine today. Now, if only I could figure out how to control the damn thing with the remote. This receiver is much more complicated than our old H/K AVR25II. Sound quality is very good coupled to Definitive speakers. Thanks for the information from this thread. I got an awesome receiver for an amazing price!

Brian N

Auditioning
Ok, maybe somebody can help me out. I have a DVD player and XBox hooked up to our 3803 through component inputs. One component output is then sent to the TV. I can change inputs using the top left knob on the receiver, but how do I use the remote to change inputs? I can't for the life of me figure it out. Help!!!!!!

Chuck Kent

Supporting Actor
Brian: You go thru the setup menu to assign the component video inputs to the device you want. Then to change sources via the remote, make sure the LCD on the remote shows AMP. Then pushing the buttons marked as the different sources will change the input for you.

Michael D. Bunting

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
Okay guys, I just sold my 3802 :)

And I'm going to try and jump in on this deal now (I hope it's still going!) for a 3803.

Since 6ave.com phone sales are now closed until Monday, I guess I'll just order a 3802 online right now, and then call on Monday to confirm that it's really going to be a 3803 when it ships. Sound like a good plan? Let's hope so :)

GarAlb

Stunt Coordinator
Michael,

I ordered the 3802 via the web and got the 3803. It also seems to be quicker for delivery than calling in the order. Great deal :D !

Michael D. Bunting

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
GarAlb,

Thanks! I'll probably give them a call on Monday, just to be sure it'll be a 3803 and not the 02.

Amazingly, my 3802 sold on ebay for nearly what I'm going to be paying for the 3803 (if I get one). The money I'm putting out of pocket to upgrade to the 3803 is pretty minimal, and this will stop me from upgrading my receiver for at least another year or so...hopefully :)

Thanks to everyone who posted about this great deal! I really loved my 3802, and I'm sure I'll love the 3803 even more!

JohnMW

Second Unit
Real Name
John
Michael, when you call 6ave.com ask for Wade at ext. 509 and he'll make sure you get the 3803. In fact when I ordered from him I started the conversation by asking "Is the 3803 for 648.06 shipped deal still on?"

I also listed my 3802 on eBay last night and hopefully it will sell @ my fixed auction price. I saw your action in the completed items section for 585 shipped.....congrats!! :)

****My 3802 just sold for 600.00 shipped!**** :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks