1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Refurb Denon Avr-3803

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by Steve F M, Nov 5, 2003.

1. Trevin Chow

Trevin Chow Stunt Coordinator

6ave contacted me today. Said it would ship next week. (I ordered on the 17th).

2. Christopher Chung

Christopher Chung Stunt Coordinator

3. TedJ

TedJ Auditioning

Ordered mine on the 10th via phone. [​IMG]

Got the same reply. Won't ship until end of next week. With Thanksgiving, I'm guessing it won't go out until early the week of 12/1. [​IMG]

Ted

4. MichaelDDD

MichaelDDD Supporting Actor

Mike

Hi Ted.

I ordered mine on the 12th. I haven't gotten any "unsolicited" emails like you did from them, but I've been in contact via email with my salesman (I'm a PITA) and he told me "about 21 business days" as well.

I just have to shrug my shoulders *shrug*. It's a screaming good deal. [​IMG] As long as they don't try to screw with me and cancel my order or something, I'll be happy.

The front-end of the 3803 is top notch (in it's price range...and compares well with upper-crust models as well) and will make a great pre/pro down the road w/outboard amplification. [​IMG]

5. ArnaudP

ArnaudP Stunt Coordinator

6ave.com now says that the 3802 and 3803 are "in Stock" with a "ships 1-3 business days". When I ordered my 3803 last Monday it said "on Order" 21 business days

6. Trevin Chow

anyone know if the denon warranty is tranferable? Meaning, if I give the receipt to someone else, is the warranty valid for that person?

7. TedJ

TedJ Auditioning

MichaelDDD

I am in the same "boat" as several others on this thread. Just bought myself a complete HT setup: Axiom speakers (M22Ti's, QS 8's, VP100, and an SVS 20-39PCi).

Got the Axiom's right away. Waiting on the SVS and the Denon 3803 to finalize the HT.

I am not a good "waiter"......[​IMG]

Ted

8. MichaelDDD

MichaelDDD Supporting Actor

Mike

Heh, we're much alike, Ted. I also bought Axioms and an SVS before purchasing my 3803! It seems to be the cool and smart thing to do these days. [​IMG][​IMG]

I got my Axioms a week after I ordered over the phone. And they had to go all the way from Canada to South Texas!

I guess we'll just have to wait. And wait. And wait some more. [​IMG] As long as the order goes thru and they don't reneg on the deal, I'll be happy. [​IMG]

ps
    I also saw on their website that the 3803 shows "IN STOCK - ships in 3 days" What's up with that garbage?

9. Christopher Chung

Christopher Chung Stunt Coordinator

10. TedJ

TedJ Auditioning

If I was to interpret the website change to In Stock, Ships in 1-3 business days.

I suspect that 6th ave expects the order in by Wednesday this week (aka 3 business days). This matches with what I was told on the phone: shipment due in at the end of the week.

That means I should get it mid next week.[​IMG]

Ted

11. JohnMW

JohnMW Second Unit

John

12. Trevin Chow

I found a dealer in wisconscin that has the Pioneer 45tx for $600, no tax with warranty. dilemna, dilemna..

13. Stephen_Moor

Stephen_Moor Extra

If you don't buy the 45TX please e-mail me as I would like to purchase it. Do you know if they are selling any 47TX at that store?

Thanks Steve

14. Trevin Chow

Stephen:

Hi-Fi Heaven in Green Bay, WI has 7 in stock of the 45tx for $599 + $40 shipping. They are authorized dealer according to Pioneer's website.

Call Jim at 920-494-8999 and tell him Trevin sent you. I just bought the receiver this morning so he'll know what you are talking about.

15. Stephen_Moor

Stephen_Moor Extra

Thats an incredible deal. I'm actually going to see if they have any deals on the 47TX. Anyone want to buy a week old Denon 3803?

16. Jeff smit

Jeff smit Agent

Anyone get their tracking info yet?

17. Chad_Henry

Chad_Henry Stunt Coordinator

Just got my email from UPS, my receiver shipped yesterday, delivery scheduled for today here in New England.

Just in time for the long weekend! Can't wait to hook it up!

BTW, I only ordered a week or so ago via phone.

18. James W. Johnson

James W. Johnson Screenwriter

Will 6th Ave take less than what is advertised on the rest of their Denon selection if you call it in?

19. Minesh Patel

Minesh Patel Stunt Coordinator

Placed my order on Nov. 12, was told 21 business days, just got the UPS shipment notification. Should be delivered on Dec. 3.

I was actually planning on cancelling this order & getting an Anthem AVM-20 + amps. Oh, well, this'll make a great second receiver for the family room. Anyone want to buy an unused 3803? If you're in Sacramento, drop me a note!

20. GarAlb

GarAlb Stunt Coordinator

James,

I had purchased an AVR-1603 off the 6ave website a month or so ago and they sent me an AVR-1604 [​IMG]. I have a feeling they are giving the same deals on the 1803 to 1804 and 2802 to 2803 models as well. I certainly doesn't hurt to ask.