Refilling CO2 tanks..anyone know about this?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Scooter, Jun 1, 2002.

1. Scooter

Scooter Screenwriter

Scooter
    I have a soda fountain in my HT and the tanks seem to run out of CO2 JUST when I need them not to, and it can take a coupla days before my soda guy can come around. So..I was wondering if I can just get these refilled myself. I did a Yahoo search but it really didn't tell me anything, so I am reaching out here.

Anyone???

2. Matt Krapf

Matt Krapf Stunt Coordinator

Hi Scooter.

This won't be too much help, other than to say that I have friends who have CO2 tanks that they TAKE to get filled.

You ought to be able to look up commercial gas locations in your yellow pages, or web.

This is what they did, when they each moved to where they live now. One's tank is huge. They both said they put them in the car and drive to the location.

They make it sound VERY easy to refill. I hope this turns out to be true for you.

Matt

3. Philip_G

Philip_G Producer

I also have a soda fountain, but I just use a bottle exchange service like praxair. Just haul the bottle into any welding shop and they can refil, but as far as someone doing it in home I don't know of any

4. Scooter

Scooter Screenwriter

Scooter
    I don't mind transporting the cannisters at all..that's fine. I am/was just unsure where to look and all. I never would have thought to go to a welder tho...good tip!

Thanks fellas!

5. Philip_G

Philip_G Producer

not really a welder, but a welding supply in the yellowpages, or look for praxair, they're everywhere.

sorry, I was a little vague on that. ALso I don't use a service LIKE praxair, I use praxair to be specific. 20lb cylendar costs 16 bucks, expensive IMO

6. Scooter

Scooter Screenwriter

Scooter
    I'm paying $12.00 from my soda guy. Aside from being a more immediate source of CO2, I was hoping to find a less expensive one as well.

7. Philip_G

Philip_G Producer

how big is the tank? do you know if it's a 20lb or anything like that? can you tell me the physical dimensions (round abouts..)

8. Larry Seno Jr.

Larry Seno Jr. Supporting Actor

Scooter-Call up your local paintball shops. They sell Co2 on the cheap as they go through TONS of it.