What's new

Refilling CO2 tanks..anyone know about this? (1 Viewer)

Scooter

Screenwriter
Real Name
Scooter
I have a soda fountain in my HT and the tanks seem to run out of CO2 JUST when I need them not to, and it can take a coupla days before my soda guy can come around. So..I was wondering if I can just get these refilled myself. I did a Yahoo search but it really didn't tell me anything, so I am reaching out here.

Anyone???

Matt Krapf

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Matt
Hi Scooter.

This won't be too much help, other than to say that I have friends who have CO2 tanks that they TAKE to get filled.

You ought to be able to look up commercial gas locations in your yellow pages, or web.

This is what they did, when they each moved to where they live now. One's tank is huge. They both said they put them in the car and drive to the location.

They make it sound VERY easy to refill. I hope this turns out to be true for you.

Matt

Philip_G

Senior HTF Member
I also have a soda fountain, but I just use a bottle exchange service like praxair. Just haul the bottle into any welding shop and they can refil, but as far as someone doing it in home I don't know of any

Scooter

Screenwriter
Real Name
Scooter
I don't mind transporting the cannisters at all..that's fine. I am/was just unsure where to look and all. I never would have thought to go to a welder tho...good tip!

Thanks fellas!

Philip_G

Senior HTF Member
not really a welder, but a welding supply in the yellowpages, or look for praxair, they're everywhere.

sorry, I was a little vague on that. ALso I don't use a service LIKE praxair, I use praxair to be specific. 20lb cylendar costs 16 bucks, expensive IMO

Scooter

Screenwriter
Real Name
Scooter
I'm paying $12.00 from my soda guy. Aside from being a more immediate source of CO2, I was hoping to find a less expensive one as well.

Philip_G

Senior HTF Member
how big is the tank? do you know if it's a 20lb or anything like that? can you tell me the physical dimensions (round abouts..)

Larry Seno Jr.

Supporting Actor
Scooter-Call up your local paintball shops. They sell Co2 on the cheap as they go through TONS of it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks