Reference Books

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Jeff_Sm, Jun 26, 2002.

1. Jeff_Sm

Jeff_Sm Auditioning

Hello all,
    This is my first post, but I have been reading many of the topics posted in the last month. This is an excellent forum and hope to provide some thoughtfull input such as those that I have been reading. Now to my question. I have recently ordered the master handbook of acoustics due to the post on eq'ing the "room of horror". I am also intersted in speaker design (subwoofer especially)and would like to know of a good book that will be a good starting point. I have a degree in Electrical Engineering Technology from NIU so formulas and theory would not scare me away. Thanks in advance
    [​IMG]

2. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

For a beginner's book with some technical background, Vance Dickason's "Loudspeaker Design Cookbook" (now on it's 6th edition IIRC) would be a good start.

Oh, and welcome to the HTF!

3. Jeff_Sm

Jeff_Sm Auditioning

Thanks Pat,
    I was looking on Amazon and people had conflicting views on the books they had. I thought this forum would be a better source. I am really curious if I can build a sub w/tempest and see how good it is. I currently own 2 Definitive Tech powerfield1500 (no longer made, but awesome sealed 15" 250W D class) Along with my bp2002tl and lcr2500. Never have too much bass.[​IMG]