1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Reference Books

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Jeff_Sm, Jun 26, 2002.

1. Jeff_Sm

Jeff_Sm Auditioning

Hello all,
    This is my first post, but I have been reading many of the topics posted in the last month. This is an excellent forum and hope to provide some thoughtfull input such as those that I have been reading. Now to my question. I have recently ordered the master handbook of acoustics due to the post on eq'ing the "room of horror". I am also intersted in speaker design (subwoofer especially)and would like to know of a good book that will be a good starting point. I have a degree in Electrical Engineering Technology from NIU so formulas and theory would not scare me away. Thanks in advance
    [​IMG]

2. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Studio Mogul

For a beginner's book with some technical background, Vance Dickason's "Loudspeaker Design Cookbook" (now on it's 6th edition IIRC) would be a good start.

Oh, and welcome to the HTF!

3. Jeff_Sm

Jeff_Sm Auditioning

Thanks Pat,
    I was looking on Amazon and people had conflicting views on the books they had. I thought this forum would be a better source. I am really curious if I can build a sub w/tempest and see how good it is. I currently own 2 Definitive Tech powerfield1500 (no longer made, but awesome sealed 15" 250W D class) Along with my bp2002tl and lcr2500. Never have too much bass.[​IMG]