Referance Picture sites for Artists?

Discussion in 'After Hours Lounge (Off Topic)' started by DeathStar1, Aug 1, 2006.

1. DeathStar1

DeathStar1 Producer

I found this site, http://drawsketch.about.com/

But all the people posing there look like they are either bored, or have a gun to their head [​IMG]. Dunno if this is a legit site I'd be signing up for...

Anyone know of one just as good that's free?

I'm trying to improve my drawing skills, and need to print out high res images I can trace, so I get the sense of where the body goes, and where it dosn't..

2. Jeff Ulmer

Jeff Ulmer Producer

Can you draw a parrot? [​IMG]

3. John Alvarez

John Alvarez Screenwriter

Go to www.artwanted.com People post their art of all types on there and you can get comments etc.... A friend of mine has several on there.

4. Evan M.

Evan M. Supporting Actor

I am an art teacher so this may not be what you want to hear but if you really want to improve your drawing I think it is the best way......

I would call all of your areas high schools and see which ones offer adult ed. courses. Many adult ed programs have several different art classes. The one in my town offers a watercolor class, oil painting class, beginning drawing, portraiture, figure drawing (yes....nudes [​IMG] ) and clay/ceramics. Often times the prices are well under 50$ and you get to work in a nice environment with people wanting the same thing you do. It is nice to get one-on one help from a "pro" who does it for a living.

I know all of this is not free but if ultimately you want to improve your skills it is the way to go. I guarantee you will learn more in that class that would probably meet once a week for 3 hours and last 5-10 weeks, then you would anyway else. If you do not want to do that then Borders has a fantastic art section and there are MANY great book out there that can help you.