Ref. 50 owners, I need your help!

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by Chris Kane, Apr 28, 2003.

1. Chris Kane

Chris Kane Extra

Reference 50 owners,

My B&K (less than 2 months old) seems to exhibit video noise when in sleep mode. I can only see this when I have selected the S-video input on my pj. There is a black screen and the initials "BK" in the lower right hand corner. Can someone tell me if they see this noise against the black background? I could certainly be wrong about this being "noise." If I am, then what is it?

Thanks,

Chris

2. Donnie Eldridge

Donnie Eldridge Supporting Actor

I'm a little confused. Are you questioning if the "BK" is the video noise?

3. Chris Kane

Chris Kane Extra

Donnie,

While I'm not sure, it seems to be either the B&K or the S-video cable. It could also be the Tivo but I'm having a hard time duplicating the condition that allows me to see the noise (a stationary, black background).

I neglected to mention that the B&K is handling video switching duties. I have both component (DVD) and S-video (Tivo) going into the B&K and then out to the projector.

I don't think it's the projector (PLV-70) because when I turn the B&K off (while it's in sleep mode) the pj displays a blue screen with no noise. The pj also displays a noise free blue screen when the B&K is in sleep mode and component input is selected on the pj.

I also connected the S-video directly to the pj from the Tivo with no discernable noise. However, it's difficult to tell if there is noise as the only way to get a solid, black background is to pause Tivo and I think this could be freezing the artifacts (not sure if "artifacts" is the proper terminology) that normally move from right to left.

Chris