What's new

Reds (1981) on DVD ? (1 Viewer)

RickDeck

Auditioning
Any idea if Warren Beatty's 1981 Oscar winner "Reds" is
going to make it to DVD in the near future ?

It is odd that one of the biggest films of the 1980s has
not made it to DVD yet...

ZacharyTait

Senior HTF Member
I'm looking forward to seeing this. I've never seen it and I will only see it in it's OAR. Only if it shows up on cable in widescreen, will I watch it.

KDHM

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Kim Donald Houde-Martens
This was the last widescreen Laser Disc I had on pre order before DVD came out, it was never released and I am still waiting for a DVD release.
kd

Jay E

Senior HTF Member
Another film that leaves me bewildered as to why it's not on DVD. You would think that this Oscar winning film would be out by now. Could there be some problem with rights, seeing how it never made its way on to Laser either?

Sean A

Stunt Coordinator
One rumor I had heard years ago was that Paramount was waiting for Warren Beatty to record a commentary track for the DVD, and he never got around to doing it .
Considering that this film won several Oscars, and the New York Film Critics Award as Best Picture of 1981, it's absence on DVD is hard to fathom

oscar_merkx

Senior HTF Member
I thought that Bullworth one of his last ones was equally impressive yet also no commentary I believe.

A shame

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
The hell with the commentary. I mean, I'd love to hear it, but it Beatty won't do it, just get the damn DVD out with a good transfer.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks