What's new

Redbox vs. the Big Boys..... my view. (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

leeuniverse

Auditioning
Real Name
Lee
While I love Redbox, I'm actually surprised they didn't have a revenue sharing agreement from the get go. I mean, all dvd's at the very beginning of the video all say you can't be doing what they are doing. I mean, couldn't they set up that they like give back 5% of all rentals or something? I'm sure there is a # they can afford. I don't see how what redbox is doing is any different from software/movie pirates in other country who sale software/movies/etc., which we all know is wrong. Though in that I think it's the software/movie makers fault such exists because they won't offer their titles at a more affordable rate in the country's that they must. After all, if the pirates can do it, why can't they???
Sadly, it's likely going to be us consumers that loose in this. I hope Redbox wins this fight, after all, it makes seeing movies affordable for me, but I think they should also do the right thing and share the earnings, because it is after all not their intellectual property.
Understand, I share warez, so I'm all for free sharing of intellectual property both morally and intellectually, because after all 99% of those who use wares would never buy 99% of the warez they use because they couldn't afford it anyway, free advertising, trained future users, etc. (and what are library's if not legalized warez), so it's a lie that the developers are loosing money, but Redbox is a commercial enterprise, they should be giving something back to those who's work such belongs too because Redbox is profiting from it.
What they should start doing is find a percent that they can afford to give back, and just start sending the money to those who own the movie rights. Then they are protected, and they can show that they are acting in good faith, and they and us will definitely win in the end. I worry though that because of greed and stuborness Redbox will ruin it for everyone. Anyway.... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks