Red

Discussion in 'Displays' started by VictorJDeP, Aug 12, 2003.

1. VictorJDeP

VictorJDeP Extra

I bought a Mitsu 65511 a few months ago and have no complaints except one. I have calibrated it with Avia as well as having someone in my company professionally go over my calibration and am currenty using a Mistu 6020 Prog Scan DVD Player (came free with TV).

My problem is with red. When watching a DVD with reds, such as lips, shirts, signs and whatnot, you can visibly notice the lines in the screen at these points. Never anywhere other than wherever the red is. I notice it less with HDTV signals and regular broadcast signals.

Wondering what this is, and if it is a source problem, screen problem, or just common occurence.

2. ChrisCosmo

ChrisCosmo Extra

could it be that you have the color set to high for the DVD input? the mitsu tvs remember the settings for each individual input, so comparing it to HDTV (unless through the same input, which i doubt) isnt going to tell you anything. Did you calibratge all of the inputs, or just the HD one?

3. VictorJDeP

VictorJDeP Extra

Thought of that and pulled down the color, but it can still be seen even when the color is pulled.

I calibrated each input in use.

4. rin

rin Stunt Coordinator

It might be chroma upsampling error. I'm not sure but I think I read that the Mitsubishi progressive players had it.

5. Mark Amayao

Mark Amayao Stunt Coordinator

rin - I concur I can pretty much guarantee its the chroma bug.

See if you can go with the new mits player with the faroudja de-interlacer .... it doesnt get rid of it, but does a good job of hiding it. [​IMG]