Red/Yellow Envelopes

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Bill McA, Nov 25, 2001.

1. Bill McA

Bill McA Producer

When I log onto the HTF, the first forum that I look at correctly has all the latest posts as red envelopes.

However, when I go to the other forums, ALL the posts (except maybe 1 or 2 at the very top) all have yellow envelopes incorrectly indicating no new posts (when there are in fact many new posts)?

As much as I like the new features, the new software is extremely slow on my computer using Netscape 4.72 (same as the last time) with many pages loading as complete blanks and my reload button is getting quite a workout!

2. Parker Clack

Parker Clack Schizophrenic Man

Parker
    Bill:

First off. Go to the User Control panel area, click on the Options link and turn off the Browse the board with cookies. That should resolve your red/yellow folders issue.

Netscape is the other problem. vBulletin and Netscape do not get along. I use version 4.77 on my PC at home and the pages load up just fine with no problem.

Parker

3. Andy W

Andy W Stunt Coordinator

I have the same red/yellow folders problem Bill described above (I’m using I.E. ver. 5.5). When I turn off the “browse board with cookies” option, the thread titles I had previously viewed are no longer marked in red, as if I had not ever viewed any threads.

I have turned back on the “browse board with cookies” option. I would rather see the threads that I have previously viewed marked in red.

Other than the red folders turning yellow soon after I come into the forum, all is well. Thank you very much for making this forum such a pleasant, friendly, and informative place.